Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
FAsT BOYS

honda quits ama/dmg?

Honda Racing announcement

Torrance, CA: During the 2009 AMA/DMG Road Racing series, American Honda
Motor Company, Inc. contracted team personnel, including team Honda rider
Neil Hodgson, to the Corona Extra Honda race team.

Corona Extra Honda race team participated in this series with our
award-winning 2009 CBR1000RR in the AMA Superbike class, unfortunately
participation in this series did not meet our racing goals and objectives.

Regrettably the current AMA/DMG racing environment does not align with our
company goals. Effective today 9/18/09, AHM will not be renewing contracts
with Corona Extra Racing and will be terminating the on-site Road Race
operations by 9/30/09. All assets will be put into storage for future
consideration. Team staff was informed of these changes today at 1:00PM
PDT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 11:19 PM
doomsday machine

Unfortunately, I have a sneaking suspicion we'll be seeing more of these types of announcements.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 12:36 AM
7c Forever

I got $10 that Yamaha stays so that they can have the entire series to themselves. Provided they can beat the Buell.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

lmao that would be funny, i think suzuki will be next since they no longer have mladin and the k9 was struggling, not to mention they dont like the rules and the $ and resources they save from that series could be put forth to their embarrissingly struggling world teams (wsbk and gp).... although id prefer to see this happen its sad for us as americans that our race series is going to be more of a joke now then ever before

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-19-2009, 12:43 PM
7c Forever

as far as I know, Suzuki don't pay for the Yosh team, that's a Yosh run thing. But I don't see them staying either. Basicly the entire point of this whole debacle was DMG coming after them with a really big stick. If they stick around they're idiots. And god knows they're not idiots.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 05:15 AM
Gang Green

as much as it hurts to see motorcycle road racing dieing in the US, I hope every manufacturer pulls out, and forms a new series. I didn't go to an AMA race this year, the first time in 7 years or so I skipped it. DMG has screwed up the series so bad. I can't accept their blatant Buell favouratism, their stupid nascar 'improvements', or their lack of caring about safety.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 05:17 AM
7c Forever

Be glad you missed 'sport too. Fraser pulled more than one boneheaded safety move there. Really had an almost club race type atmosphere to it from the management side.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
as much as it hurts to see motorcycle road racing dieing in the US, I hope every manufacturer pulls out, and forms a new series. I didn't go to an AMA race this year, the first time in 7 years or so I skipped it. DMG has screwed up the series so bad. I can't accept their blatant Buell favouratism, their stupid nascar 'improvements', or their lack of caring about safety.
idk i doubt they will as all except yamaha are struggling in the other series which are bigger money and have a bigger part in development due to the rule setting

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 03:55 PM
250 cc pilota.

Personally I have found the races this year being closer and more entertaining - but all the strange stuff going on around the series isnt very impressive.

Can one reason be that this is an easy way out instead of blaming the economy? I guess Honda are loosing large amounts of money like the rest of them andthsi is the perfect time to chop of one expense.

Last edited by Gustav O; 09-20-2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
I dont inhale

personally i could care less if factory honda pulls out, shit i could care less if all the true factory teams pull out. I would like to see the grid full with teams that are a step below full factory ex: jordan motorsports.

the racing was deff better this year, dmg made some stupid ass decisions and are too head stubborn and arrogent to admit their mistakes but a few fixes and the series could be fun

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Yup - Honda are gone.... and I know this will make Jr mad , but so is Hodgson....

NEIL HODGSON has been left without a job after Honda America pulled out of the AMA Championship with immediate effect.

Honda USA made the announcement over the weekend, saying that the team hadn't won enough as far as it was concerned.

Hodgson, who was at the British Superbike round at Croft just over a week ago and said that he was looking for a BSB ride for next year is now unlikely to ride in America again this season, effectively finishing his American career.

A statement from Honda says that the team's assets will be put into storage and the Corona Extra squad is to be wound up on September 30. The statement reads: "Corona Extra Honda race team participated in this series with our award-winning 2009 CBR1000RR in the AMA Superbike class, unfortunately participation in this series did not meet our racing goals and objectives.

"Regrettably the current AMA/DMG racing environment does not align with our company goals. Effective today 9/18/09, AHM will not be renewing contracts with Corona Extra Racing and will be terminating the on-site Road Race operations by 9/30/09. All assets will be put into storage for future consideration."

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:13 PM
The answer? Simple: 42

Honda has done this in the past, so nothing new. Either DMG will pull their heads out of their asses and get things straightened out. Or, there'll be a new series forming.

BTW, don't forget to lay blame at AMA as well. They were running racing into the ground before and the year or so before they sold racing rights to DMG (ironic that is short for "damage" isn't it?) they were trying to bring Buell, HD and the cruiser crowd into the fold also. The writing was on the wall about this...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM
7c Forever

eh? not sure why I'd have an opinion on that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Thought you hated Hodgson??

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 PM
7c Forever

meh, he's a nice enough guy. I used him as the measuring stick between WSBK and AMA a couple of times tho.

There's a youtube clip of him bombing around a parking lot in Toronto in January on a pitbike somewhere, shivering his teeth out.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Last edited by Yamahuh; 09-23-2009 at 05:54 PM.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 05:55 PM
7c Forever

That's the one. Don't suppose you recognize where that's at?

Hodgers is a nice fella. I think I used him a cuople of times as an example to demonstrate that Mat and Ben WERE that good. But that's kicking in an open door at this point.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
That's the one. Don't suppose you recognize where that's at?
For some reason - straight off the top of my head I thought it was the parking lot at the International Center in T.O

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 AM
7c Forever

oh it could be. I've only been there once tho so I don't think I'd recognize it. T. is just toooooooo much of everything for a bumpkin like me. Sensory overload.

Cool that he was up here, not common for a world champ to venture north of the border.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode