Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 04:05 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

IMola WSBK

So it is starting to be crunch time for the WSBK guys.
The most interesting thing with the races this weekend is that Marco Simoncelli will substitue for Shinya Nakano on the Aprilia RSV4! It will be very iteresting to see what he can do or if he can avoid messing at least one of the races up for another rider!

WIll Spies put the final nails in Hagas championship hopes or will Haga be able to fight even better than at Nürburgring? I am very ambivalent in this as Haga has been my long time favourite rider but I have followed Spies for a long time and was very happy that Yamaha signed him and his performance is nothing short of mind blowing and I want him to win and move to GPs.

Ben Spies
"I'm looking forward to riding on a track we've tested at again," said Ben Spies. " I feel we should have a good weekend coming up as we have a lot of data to go on, we got a lot accomplished at the test. We don't have as big a lead as we would like but I've been in this situation before, it's not so strange for me. As far as I'm concerned, we're going to Imola to try and win two races. We know this is Ducati's back yard and the past has been pretty good for them, so it will be tough. Having said that we have some good stuff worked out with the bike and the team has been continuing to develop so I'm confident we can pull in some good results."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 AM
jimmy crack corn

divine wind vs mr personality

It will be interesting to see how the race turns out especially the first turn or first few laps .

David
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 AM
jimmy crack corn

btw I appreciate Spies no bs attitude and prefer his personality over some of the theatrics in racing. he seems the antithesis of Rossi in the chicken suit department but he is obviously could make racing predictable like Rossi has in the past.

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:08 AM
7c Forever

I'm with ya Mac, he's the kind of guy I'd happily have a beer with, whether he was a superstar or no. Far more than I can say for most pro racers these days.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
I hear Ben doesn't drink beer 'cos that what the 'common folk' drink - in fact it has been rumoured in the pits that he's a big fan of Cristal out of hand cut crystal flutes and spits on people who make less than 100K a year....

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:25 AM
7c Forever

lol uh huh.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 12:45 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
Hmm. I've always been a fan of Rossi... not sure when everyone started hating on him and I'm not certain why. I'm very excited about Ben's career as he is the real deal as well.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:21 PM
7c Forever

never been a huge Rossi fan.

Became a hater when his fans started busting Casey's chops for having the best bike. Curious given how Rossi inherited Doohan's bike and team. Altho there was flack when that happened too just it seemed overly hypocritical.

That plus Rossi is NOT the kind of guy that I'd go for a beer with.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Kind of stupid to hate on a guy because of stupid fans...don´t ya agree?

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 02:34 PM
7c Forever

ok I don't hate him, I just dislike him. I hate his fans.

better?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 03:10 PM
jimmy crack corn

its not impossible to be a fan of rossi and not like the trend he started with all the corny stuff . mostly I think Rossi has made the silly stuff kind of fun where horgay is a little off with the imitation.

I was only saying Spies is like Rossi minus all the theatrics , the kind of rider that makes the impossible seem within reach.
obviously spies has a way to go to be in the same light as Rossi , but the amount of talent Spies has makes many think he is going to be a potential dominant force like Rossi has been.

As much as I respect and like Rossi I would rather the next up and comer not copy the rossi show.

David
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 12:31 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post

better?
That is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macattack View Post
its not impossible to be a fan of rossi and not like the trend he started with all the corny stuff . mostly I think Rossi has made the silly stuff kind of fun where horgay is a little off with the imitation.

I was only saying Spies is like Rossi minus all the theatrics , the kind of rider that makes the impossible seem within reach.
obviously spies has a way to go to be in the same light as Rossi , but the amount of talent Spies has makes many think he is going to be a potential dominant force like Rossi has been.

As much as I respect and like Rossi I would rather the next up and comer not copy the rossi show.
I agree with that.

Last edited by Gustav O; 09-25-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 02:55 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:

better?
Hey..!!! I'm a fan ya fooker

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 12:07 PM
7c Forever

ya not a real ballswinging "Rossi is the bestest and walks on water and can do no wrong ever!!" kinda fan tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

I hope Simoncelli does well on the RSV4. Max does well on it, there's no reason Marco can't.
Also, I hope the Championship is not over yet for Haga. I'd like to think that he still has some fight left in him. Although he's not the same rider on the Ducati as he was on the Yamaha.
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 03:00 PM
7c Forever

no he's better on the duck. Waaaaay more consistant.

sounds like they've got serious track problems, possible race cancellation.

ok sounds like no race cancellation but the riders are talking of a strike, they say it's not safe. Race management are basicly saying "man up pussies, racing on an oiled track is what all men do."

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 09-25-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member

lmao, of course you see fabrizio is still out there flying and they sent the wss boys out there 1st.... test dummys....

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM
No Crying Allowed

Super Pole Results

1 Michel Fabrizio Ducati ITA 1'47.735

2 Ben Spies Yamaha USA 1'47.778

3 Jonathan Rea Honda GBR 1'47.834

4 Noriyuki Haga Ducati JPN 1'47.885

5 Jakub Smrz Ducati CZE 1'48.156

6 Max Biaggi Aprilia ITA 1'48.665

7 Shane Byrne Ducati GBR 1'49.092

8 Marco Simoncelli Aprilia ITA 1'49.338

9 Troy Corser BMW AUS 1'48.971

10 Leon Haslam Honda GBR 1'48.992

11 Lorenzo Lanzi Ducati ITA 1'49.060

12 Fonsi Nieto Ducati ESP 1'49.105

13 Carlos Checa Honda ESP 1'49.168

14 Ryuichi Kiyonari Honda JPN 1'49.340

15 Matthieu Lagrive Honda FRA 1'49.641

16 Tom Sykes Yamaha GBR 1'49.681

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:

better?
I'm deeply hurt by that comment ...
Think I'm going to put my Rossi p-j's on and go cry myself to sleep wrapped up all snug and warm in my neon yellow and blue Rossi duvet.

Why is Simoncelli racing the Aprilia?
He's committed to GP next year right?

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:23 PM
7c Forever

Don't forget your Uccio blow up doll.

yea Marco's going Gresini next year, I guess Aprilia Piaggio are getting all the mileage out of thim they can while he's still with them.

He did well too.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode