Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Stoner set to return.

The Ducati Marlboro Team returns from a long September break this weekend ready to tackle the Estoril circuit with Casey Stoner back in the saddle alongside his team-mate Nicky Hayden.

The Italian outfit has been working hard on two fronts since the end of July, on one hand liasing with doctors in Australia monitoring the progress being made by Casey and on the other continuing exhaustive development of the Desmosedici, on which Nicky has been able to make great strides, culminating with his podium finish at Indianapolis and further signs of competitiveness at Misano before a blameless first lap crash.

During two months away from racing under the supervision of an expert medical team in his homeland Casey has undergone a series of exams and special tests.

The results of the tests have excluded pathological anomalies of cardiovascular, respiratory or neurological origins. The exams and inspections also failed to show up any kind of virus or infection.

However, the medical report made by Prof. Silderberg and Dr Coleman did reveal low blood pressure levels and a lack of sodium, the two factors that the doctors believe were the main cause of the physical problems that interrupted the season for the Ducati rider.

The doctors all agree that overtraining was the most common factor that showed up during the tests and that the after-effects of injuries and surgeries over the last few years were the cause of the physical weakness and exhaustion that the Australian began to suffer a few months ago.

The doctors also unanimously confirmed that their suggestion to stop Casey from racing at the end of July was absolutely necessary in order to avoid aggravating his physical debilitation.

Following the final medical examination that he underwent last week before leaving Australia, the doctors confirmed that whilst he was still not completely recovered, he is in better physical shape than he was in July and his weight is back up to 60kg, which is close to his ideal weight.

Casey will be back on track this weekend despite not being in peak condition and he will remain under medical supervision throughout, with a new sodium-rich diet aimed at raising his blood pressure and muscular functionality.

Casey Stoner
的知 definitely looking forward to the race weekend. Having three races off is the biggest period away from racing in my life. It was very difficult to accept the advice of the doctors to stop racing. In the past I have raced even when injured, like in the last few races of the 2008 season when my wrist was broken, but this time it was really not possible and of course I felt very sorry for the team. Now I知 looking forward to getting back together with the team and everyone and I hope I値l be able to be more competitive than I was in the past, but we will have to wait and see. The doctors have put me on some salt tablets to increase my sodium levels but we will have to see if it helps. We will understand more during the weekend. Of course it痴 going to be difficult: at first we won稚 know if it will work because I致e been off the bike so long that in any case my muscles will take some time to get race fit again. But, as I said, I知 looking forward to getting back and to starting work on the bike, looking towards the future.

Livio Suppo
展e are really pleased that Casey is back with us. We never had any doubt that he would be with us once again at Estoril. We know that he is still not in 100% peak fitness and we just hope that over the last four races of the season he can gradually build his strength and work with Nicky to help Filippo develop the bike. With that goal in mind we have a few new things to try this weekend, in particular a new fairing which is designed to make the bike handle better in strong winds and fast direction changes. I really hope Nicky痴 luck turns around after Misano because his season has got gradually better and I知 sure he値l keep that trend going this weekend.

的t痴 really hard to take an angry man seriously when he痴 wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 PM
No Crying Allowed

Honestly this goes to show and prove that this issue is a mental one..... I know they don't want to say this publicly, but a salt deficiency is easily corrected and could have been weeks ago if this was the problem. It's another attempt to make things look ok, when in fact he is still having a hard time.

I wish him the best and I hope he can get his head straight and get back out there up top to fight with Vale and Lorenzo.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
I wish him the best and I hope he can get his head straight and get back out there up top to fight with Vale and Lorenzo.
Until he starts winning anyhow, at which point he can either let the bike take all the credit or get sick again.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Well I sure didn't want to be the first to say it but that's exactly what i was thinking too - so much for the post viral/chronic fatigue argument. I didn't want to do any highlighting or underlining 'cos that sets off LP and you guys are capable of drawing your own conclusions anyways but I'm glad I'm not the only one who is thinking this is a crock.

的t痴 really hard to take an angry man seriously when he痴 wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
7c Forever

it sure doesn't line up to well.

maybe back to the AIDS theory.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

.... or the 'all this PR work is doing my head in" theory

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 PM
7c Forever

the "I hate my fucking job" theory is good, but it doesn't explain him puking in his helmet I don't think.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

I've said all I'm gonna say on the subject.
Hopefully he's back, reasonably fit and focused and able to mix it up with Lorenzo, Rossi, Pedrosa etc. It would be good to see him back in the fray and keeping everyone honest.

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 PM
No Crying Allowed

If not then we can chalk another victim to the "Sete-Max virus" Classically known as "The Rossi"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
the "I hate my fucking job" theory is good, but it doesn't explain him puking in his helmet I don't think.
Hey, I've puked in my helmet

Then again the food poisoning I had my have had something to do with it

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 07:46 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
The low sodium and hot conditions do though.... but again that is something that can be corrected in two days lol

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 10:55 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Hey, I've puked in my helmet
I've puked in my helmet too, that's why I know it ain't no joke. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Honest to god if I coulda willed myself to death without having to take off my helmet anyways, I'd have done it.

The only analogy I can draw, is being waterboarded in vomit...

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 11:56 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
my cat's breath smells like cat food

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 10:51 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Lover View Post
If not then we can chalk another victim to the "Sete-Max virus" Classically known as "The Rossi"

guess not this one eh?

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 12:43 PM
No Crying Allowed

Too soon to tell I think lol he did doo well today though.

|
|
|
|
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 12:44 PM
7c Forever

seems to. I didn't actually see the race but the results show he did ok. Seems like Jorge was in "win it or bin it." mode.

Can't blame him at all at this stage in the championship tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 PM
No Crying Allowed

ya he is closing up on Rossi, it might come to the last race and be a nail-biter lol

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 04:42 PM
7c Forever

let's hope not. Rossi doesn't fair well when it comes to the last race.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
let's hope not. Rossi doesn't fair well when it comes to the last race.
lmao

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-04-2009, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Seems like Jorge was in "win it or bin it." mode.
Isn't he always???
The kid reminds me of Schwantz / Bayliss in his attitude - seems like he has that 'wall or win' 'second is first loser' desire that made those guys so exciting to watch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode