Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

All new rider line up at suzuki "wsbk"

well the news is that Haslam is confirmed for next year and Max is defenetly out possibly going to Ten Kate Honda, and the strangest of it all is that Guintoli from the BSB suzuki team is supose to be filling the 2nd seat.... yet he's still under contract over there....is Suzuki possibly pulling their strings to beef up their WSBK team which of course the most important... next to MotoGP? anyway heres the articles:

Amid a recent raft of rumors that Max Neukirchner has left/been fired from the Alstare Suzuki team, owner Frankie Batta has acknowledged that Neukirchner will not be riding for the team in 2010. According to GPone.com, Batta says that the team declined to exercise an option on the German in late September because he wasn't forthright about his physical condition. Specifically, Batta says that Neukirchner underwent a delicate operation on his back that the team was not informed of and when it was discovered, declined to meet with the team at Magny-Cours and undergo a physical in Belgium, where the Alstare team is located. Batta went on to say that the second seat on the team will be filled by Sylvain Guintoli, currently riding for the Worx Crescent Suzuki team in the British Superbike series. Exactly how the team came to avail itself of Guintoli's services is unclear, as the Frenchman is under contract to the Worx team for 2010.

Leon Haslam, speaking to Tony Carter on the Eurosport coverage of the first race of the Oulton BSB round, has confirmed one of the worst-held secrets of the World Superbike silly season, namely that he'll moving over to the factory Alstare Suzuki team in 2010. Haslam didn't speculate on who might be his teammate, claiming that he has no knowledge of who it would be. Recent rampant speculation has placed current Alstare rider Max Neukirchner at odds with team owner Frankie Batta, with the German touted to leave the team and sign with Ten Kate Honda. The Haslam signing also suggests that long-time Suzuki favorite, Yukio "Crash" Kagayama, will not return to the Alstare team. Kagayama, who hasn't had a win since 2006, is widely tipped to return to the BSB.

or maybe they're getting Guintoli in exchange for Kagayama... since its saying here that he's expected to be heading back to BSB....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kid1000; 10-12-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

guintoli has been confirmed and its also been confirmed that kagayama will be going to the suzuki BSB team

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:37 AM
7c Forever

I think they just f*cked up big by letting Max go.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 03:02 PM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Pending if Max can ride again considering his injuries.

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
Pending if Max can ride again considering his injuries.
yea not to mention that he wasnt very consistent, guintoli was fast right away when he 1st tested the suzuki and we all know haslam is usually always strong, just not so sure how hell take to the gixxer thats the only risk i see right now... my question is whos gonna be the #1 rider?

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
WOW ...guintoli .. i guess.. I met him once, hes pretty cool.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 AM
7c Forever

yea Syl's a cool cat, very down to earth.

I'd be very surprised if MaxN is out permanently tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
yea Syl's a cool cat, very down to earth.

I'd be very surprised if MaxN is out permanently tho.
well be suprised because it was confirmed today that he will now be riding for Ten Kate honda next season along side johnny rea! let the fire works begin... all new riders at suzuki, kawi,and yamaha and and 2nd team for aprilia and maybe bayliss coming back!!!! gonna be a great season

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 05:51 PM
7c Forever

no I meant I'd be surprised if his injuries forced retirement. I'm not surprised that he landed at Ten Kate.

Be interesting to see him and Rea go at it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
I missed something here - I knew Max N was out with injuries but what exactly happened and how was he not 'forthright ' about them? If he goes to Ten Kate where is Checa going?
I thought Max N was superb last year but he's been off the radar all season this year and i never bothered to find out why.
Yukio? Yeah he needs to find a way to stop crashing - he's an exciting and talented rider but holy fuck he crashes - A LOT!!

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 PM
7c Forever

he smashed a vertibrae in his spine and was ordered not to ride under risk of paralysis. He hasn't even been on the grid most of the season.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Abusin' the scooter

How did he do that?

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 10:22 AM
7c Forever

right after he got back from snapping his femur in half. I think a bike hit him in the back.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM

The crach Neukirchner was involved in.

EZPELETA DIMISIÓN!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 PM
250 cc pilota.

That was the first one but he injured him self again when they tested at Imola later in the year and that side lined him for hte rest of the season.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
I missed something here - I knew Max N was out with injuries but what exactly happened and how was he not 'forthright ' about them? If he goes to Ten Kate where is Checa going?
I thought Max N was superb last year but he's been off the radar all season this year and i never bothered to find out why.
Yukio? Yeah he needs to find a way to stop crashing - he's an exciting and talented rider but holy fuck he crashes - A LOT!!
i guess he's looking for work, honda wants to shrink it down to 2 wsbk bikes... it may have something to do with the fact that theyll be fielding a 7th motogp bike next year and dont want to spread themselves to thin financially...and i dont know about him being superb he was good and only shining so bright bc the other 2 riders where underperforming alot of the season imo.... i think sykes would do good in the suzuki squad he seems to mesh well with the gsxr... itll be sad to see him goto kawi next year as his image will go from bad right now to worse

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 04:12 PM
7c Forever

Honda have supported more than 7 bikes in the past without batting an eyelash.

Shit in '02 they were supporting the HRC squad, Gresini, Pons, plus the "B" HRC team or Kato and Jurgen, and Harada on the side on a 2-stroke. And obviously the Superbike program undergo with Edwards winning the title, and a full on 250 program as well.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
i think sykes would do good in the suzuki squad he seems to mesh well with the gsxr... itll be sad to see him goto kawi next year as his image will go from bad right now to worse
Yeah having the most dominant rookie ever as your team mate must suck ...

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:20 PM
7c Forever

Sure sucks to be Peter when Jesus walks on water.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Honda have supported more than 7 bikes in the past without batting an eyelash.

Shit in '02 they were supporting the HRC squad, Gresini, Pons, plus the "B" HRC team or Kato and Jurgen, and Harada on the side on a 2-stroke. And obviously the Superbike program undergo with Edwards winning the title, and a full on 250 program as well.
ok but back then motogp exspense was less as was wsbk and we are now in a recession... dont forget those very important aspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Yeah having the most dominant rookie ever as your team mate must suck ...
true but honestly what has he done this season? even at tracks hes been to before hes done nothing....he was super fast last year on the suzuki in his wild card rides and i dont think those bikes are on the same scale as the wsbk bikes are imo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode