Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Cool If you were Yamaha....

If Rossi wins the championship again, the world will say Rossi is the greatest Rider in Moto GP. If Jeorge wins, the world will say that Yamaha is the greatest Bike in Moto GP.
If you were Yamaha, what scenario would you be (secretly) routing for?
Food for thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rider View Post
If Rossi wins the championship again, the world will say Rossi is the greatest Rider in Moto GP. If Jeorge wins, the world will say that Yamaha is the greatest Bike in Moto GP.
If you were Yamaha, what scenario would you be (secretly) routing for?
Food for thought.
Well if that is actually how "THEY" see it.........and if I were Yamaha........then I would say I would wan't Jorge to win.

But I'm not "YAMAHA" so I just wan't Rossi to win cause I don't like Jeorge.

Also.......if Jeorge wins.........then it just means that Yamaha is the best bike.......AND Rossi is still going to be the best rider regardless. So I guess it would be a win win
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

if i was yamaha id want jorge to win for 2 reasons 1 itd prove that the m1s a great bike and 2 you could pose to reduce rossis salary in the future esp. if he doesnt win in 2010 when hes up for a new contract by insisting he doesnt got it anymore lmao and you could keep jorge from asking for more by insisting he barely beat rossi to the title

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:53 PM
7c Forever

I think they've already proven beyond reasonable doubt that the M1 is the best bike out there.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
yamaha would be happiest if rossi wins... with all the yellow clad leg humpers buying r1s, rather than sulking

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 04:26 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
yamaha would be happiest if rossi wins... with all the yellow clad leg humpers buying r1s, rather than sulking
yea that's a veeeery good point.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
yea that's a veeeery good point.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat View Post
with all the yellow clad leg humpers buying r1s, rather than sulking
Wow didn't see that one coming...:

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:08 PM
7c Forever

ya he's right tho, don't underestimate the merchandising power of Rossi, or how fair weathered the average Rossi fan is. Rossi in Europe is like Tiger Woods or something is in the US, how many golfers can Joe Average name? probably just 1. Same goes with bikes & Rossi.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Me, you 'n' Phat keep resorting to internet-purse-swinging arguments over our differing opinions and so I'm just going to take the high road on this one. No point recycyling the same old arguments over and over again.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:21 PM
7c Forever

This isn't anything to do with how good/bad/whatever a rider he is, this is sheerly about merchandising power, I don't think there's much disagreement there.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
i always found adriana a more marketable commodity

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
if i was yamaha id want jorge to win for 2 reasons 1 itd prove that the m1s a great bike and 2 you could pose to reduce rossis salary in the future esp. if he doesnt win in 2010 when hes up for a new contract by insisting he doesnt got it anymore lmao and you could keep jorge from asking for more by insisting he barely beat rossi to the title
I say Rossi is worth every penny they pay for him- he brings god knows how many people to the tracks, sells a ton of bikes for Yamaha, has a killer personality, brings flair and charisma to every event, and makes MotoGP more colorful than it was for many many years. I'll pay an extra couple $$$ for a bike to offset his salary, beats boring bland personalities and lame racing
respectfully IMO

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 01:32 AM
No Crying Allowed

Rossi developed that M1, Jorge is riding the way of the Rossi development.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweezystunner View Post
I say Rossi is worth every penny they pay for him- he brings god knows how many people to the tracks, sells a ton of bikes for Yamaha, has a killer personality, brings flair and charisma to every event, and makes MotoGP more colorful than it was for many many years. I'll pay an extra couple $$$ for a bike to offset his salary, beats boring bland personalities and lame racing
respectfully IMO
o im not saying he doesnt deserve it, im just saying that him not winning puts the bargining upper hand in yamahas corner, especially with him obviously going to retire before jorge and them needing to build a rider for when he leaves... hes mad about how jorges treatment is right now, if jorge keeps getting better and challenging him its only going to get worse!

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
This isn't anything to do with how good/bad/whatever a rider he is, this is sheerly about merchandising power, I don't think there's much disagreement there.
Fair enough.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode