Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Fabrizio backs Haga

Fabrizio to back Haga at Portimao
Xerox Ducati team-mate pledges full support in the race for the 2009 WSB titleha

Posted: 20 October 2009
by Visordown News

XEROX DUCATI rider Michel Fabrizio says he will give his full support to team-mate Noriyuki Haga at this weekend's WSB title-decider at Portimao.

The Italian, who is now out of the running for the 2009 World Superbike Championship, has pledged his support for Haga, who goes head-to-head with arch rival Ben Spies in Portugal in the race for the WSB title this coming weekend.

I've very happy with how my season's gone and I would like to finish the year with two more podiums. I'm feeling confident and am reassured that the third position that I hold in the standings can't be taken from me as fourth place Max is too far behind to catch up now. I hope Noriyuki can take the title for Ducati and I'll be backing him all the way this weekend.

Very sporting of you, Michel. Pity you didn't think like that before pipping Haga to the win in Race Two at Imola!

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 08:19 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Fabrizio to back Haga at Portimao
Xerox Ducati team-mate pledges full support in the race for the 2009 WSB titleha

Posted: 20 October 2009
by Visordown News

XEROX DUCATI rider Michel Fabrizio says he will give his full support to team-mate Noriyuki Haga at this weekend's WSB title-decider at Portimao.

The Italian, who is now out of the running for the 2009 World Superbike Championship, has pledged his support for Haga, who goes head-to-head with arch rival Ben Spies in Portugal in the race for the WSB title this coming weekend.

I've very happy with how my season's gone and I would like to finish the year with two more podiums. I'm feeling confident and am reassured that the third position that I hold in the standings can't be taken from me as fourth place Max is too far behind to catch up now. I hope Noriyuki can take the title for Ducati and I'll be backing him all the way this weekend.

Very sporting of you, Michel. Pity you didn't think like that before pipping Haga to the win in Race Two at Imola!
Well he also took out spies in one race as well, so those 5 points he took from Haga are not much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 01:14 PM

I'm soooooo going to be there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Go nori!!!!

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Advanced Member

this doesnt bode well for spies as his teammate is basically good for nothing unless he plans to take nori out on the 1st corner....but id like to see a fair head to head dual... which we obviously wont get from the ducati side and yamaha doesnt have a choice...to bad they couldnt get a fast wildcard in for this race

post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 02:49 PM
7c Forever

call Vale in for backup.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

hes racing this weekend or im sure they woulda! lmao

yamaha has the chance to win 3 world titles this year wss,wsbk,motogp

Last edited by kid1000; 10-22-2009 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 07:06 PM
7c Forever

fuck you're right, in all the hubbub about WSBK I totally forgot about Malaysia.

Guess it's too late to call up Hayes. There's a particularly insane French Canadian that runs an R1 up here that wouldn't be too bad either.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

i don't think Spies needs anyone to take anyone out for him - he's fast as fuck and on a mission. Fabrizio is a great rider but somewhat erratic but he can make himself VERY difficult to pass - I've a feeling he may decide the champeenship

No offense to Spies because I think he's pretty amazing - but I hope Nori takes it; the old dog deserves it...

post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
i don't think Spies needs anyone to take anyone out for him - he's fast as fuck and on a mission. Fabrizio is a great rider but somewhat erratic but he can make himself VERY difficult to pass - I've a feeling he may decide the champeenship

No offense to Spies because I think he's pretty amazing - but I hope Nori takes it; the old dog deserves it...
yea but bens had some bad luck this year and can use a break...and haga can have it next year...bens going to motogp and hopefully will stay there until he's ready to leave...so lets cheer for him this year so we can have an american in GPs to brag about next year!

post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 06:34 PM
7c Forever

Cheering for him because of where he happens to have been born is pretty not cool imo. I desperatly hope that he doesn't become the next Nick "Captain America!!!!!!" Hayden.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 11:28 PM
250 cc pilota.

For some reason I think Spies already is much more popular than Hayden in the "rest" of the world.

post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
yea but bens had some bad luck this year and can use a break...and haga can have it next year...bens going to motogp and hopefully will stay there until he's ready to leave...so lets cheer for him this year so we can have an american in GPs to brag about next year!
Sorry man, that argument isn't going to sway me - I've been cheering for Nori since he was racing an R7 in WSBK and even more so since he got robbed of the title in 2000.

Haga's had his fair share of shitty luck this year too.
It's his time but he's gonna have to scrap for it.

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Cheering for him because of where he happens to have been born is pretty not cool imo. I desperatly hope that he doesn't become the next Nick "Captain America!!!!!!" Hayden.
well its not just because he's american..t got talent, and itd be nice to have an american rider in the world series that we can be proud of... i dont see anything wrong with wanting that... italy has rossi, aus. has stoner, spain has lorenzo, and pedrosa....and we have hayden and edwards...not sayn much in a bragging rights debate lol....but ill admit it im a lil patriotic could have something to do with me being military lmao

post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 10:08 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
For some reason I think Spies already is much more popular than Hayden in the "rest" of the world.
And that popularity will wane awfull quick if he's all the sudden got an army of flagwaving yanks following him around.

Also, as a guy that's run a couple of cross border events. Having people cheer for you based on where you were born is pretty fucking demoralizing. You realize very fast that they don't actually give a shit about you, put any other person born in the same area and on the same brand in your shoes and they wouldn't care.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
And that popularity will wane awfull quick if he's all the sudden got an army of flagwaving yanks following him around.

Also, as a guy that's run a couple of cross border events. Having people cheer for you based on where you were born is pretty fucking demoralizing. You realize very fast that they don't actually give a shit about you, put any other person born in the same area and on the same brand in your shoes and they wouldn't care.
hold up now... i appreciate the guy for his talents and i cheer for him over haga in this title run because he is a representitive of the U.S..... when they have the olympics do we not cheer for our country bc theyre representing us?

post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 11:22 AM
7c Forever

At the olympics, I cheer for an athlete that I appreciate their skill and personality, same as anywhere else. Do I wanna see some Canadians do well? sure, but I won't cheer for them just 'cause of were they happened to be born.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 10:01 PM
No Crying Allowed

Haga is going to have a tough time unless is partner takes out spies....

Haga starting from 10th and Ben set's a new lap record with is pole position....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
At the olympics, I cheer for an athlete that I appreciate their skill and personality, same as anywhere else. Do I wanna see some Canadians do well? sure, but I won't cheer for them just 'cause of were they happened to be born.
well like i said i appreciate the guys talents and like him for that but when it comes to 2 guys i like (ben) and (nori) im going to root for ben bc i wanna see him become champ before moving to gp bc hes repn USA, thats just my opinion... i see your point but i dont see whats wrong with what im sayn as its patriotic... im not sayn i dislike every other rider whos not american and if he was a dick id say i hope he bins it in the 1st corner...

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:52 AM
No Crying Allowed

OMG What a year...... race 2 going on now......

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode