Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:07 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
R1s banned from Canadian Superbike Series

Is Colin Fraser determined to fuck up every race series in North America??

Yamaha R1 banned from Canadian Superbike Series

Race organisers ban top-flight superbike in politically-driven move

Posted: 14 December 2009
by Visordown News

Sorry, you're not on the list...

ORGANISERS of the Canadian Superbike Championship have announced they are banning all Yamaha YZF- R1 models from the racing series.

Professional Motorsports Productions' move comes after Yamaha Canada announced in November that they were withdrawing from Canadian Superbike series.

Furthermore, race organisers have also announced no 2010 Yamaha models will be allowed to race in any of the series classes, though due to their popularity, Yamaha YZF-R6 models from 2009 or earlier will be eligible.

Our biggest concern is the privateer or club level racer with existing Yamaha equipment, says Colin Fraser of series organisers, Professional Motorsports Productions. The vast majority of Yamaha riders utilize 600s, and we agreed that it was in everyones best interests to allow these existing machines to continue to compete.

Mmm. Sour grapes, or what?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 AM
7c Forever

John Bayliss and Colin Fraser getting into a scrap doesn't come as a shock to me.

Not like they were running worth a shit anyways tho. It'll be a bigger loss in the 600 class than the 1000's imo.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Colin Fraser is a tool; the fact that the R1s weren't doing well isn't really the point, it's such an arrogant, childish and assholish move - well, it could only really have been his decision couldn't it?

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 AM
7c Forever

Bingo. It's hella childish and the other manufacturers are sure to take notice. Have you looked at the schedule? No Shannonville, no Calabogie, no Tremblant. We've got Race City the K-rail factory, Mirabel the Armco factory, AMP the Motocross track, and Mosport. IMO the only track worth actually going to.

Just start calling it DMG North.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Like I said - he's going to screw up every race series worth its salt in N.America.
When was the last time there was no Shannonville or Mt Tremblant on the schedule and Calabogie (although I've never been there) is supposed to be a gorgeous track.

Someone needs to bitchslap that fat arrogant fuck...

post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:36 AM
7c Forever

If I go to Mosport this year, I'm heavily considering following him around with a camera and making a youtube clip of all the retarded stuff he does.

But ya, Calabogie is a good track, it's a little tight in the runoff maybe, but they're improving it and it's no worse than shannon or sport.

What I really don't understand is that they're racing at Mirabel when Tremblant is just up the road. Obviously he had a tiff with the owners of Tremblant, and I can see why.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 AM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Someone is spiking the Kool-aid right? N. American racing is in a pretty sad state. What we need is a series that covers both The U.S. and Canada. Make it a total of about 40 races in about 25 weekends. Then, air them all in high def, and LIVE! Tech rules are as Follows: Any suspension change you want as long as the inner and outer tubes are stock/as manufactured. Any exhaust commercially available, full or slip-on. Any brake pad material commercially available. Any gearing change to chain and sprockets/ trans mission must be left as manufactured with stock ratios. (undercut engagement dogs allowed.) Any commercially available brake lines. We can get into tires later... Fuel/ign mods are made by "plug and play" modules only, and must utilize the stock ECM which will be handed out at random to teams before first practice which will be affixed with a serialized seals to the wiring harness of the motorcycle.

And the best part for last, no special engine displacements allowed. All engines must be the same CCs regardles of configuration. (MotoGP can do it, so can Superbike and Supersport...Don't like it? Build a better motor and sell it in a bike next year...

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM
7c Forever

I'd like a custom prototype class too. Run what you brung and hope to god that you brung enough. Any cc, any engine configuration, electric, jet, rocket, internal combustion, turbine, whatever, we don't care, bring it out and rock and roll.

Obviously DMG aren't gonna go for that but SOMEBODY should.

And ya, your stock class stuff I'm 100% down with, I imagine Ducati won't be tho, lol.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Just don't let Colon Fraser run it.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
7c Forever

ya who DO you let run it tho? Anybody that does it has to be very technical, rich, have marketing skills, and NOT wanna run a team themselves.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Yvon DuHamel with Mike ... I mean Michelle ... Duff as technical advisor.

Last edited by Yamahuh; 12-15-2009 at 06:12 PM.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:27 PM
7c Forever

hehehehe.

Actually that sounds really solid, I aughta send Michelle an email suggesting that.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 06:37 PM
7c Forever

I wonder if the DuHammels actually have the dough to do that...

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Miguel could probably bankroll the whole damn thing himself; he was the highest paid rider in the AMA back in the day

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 08:21 PM
7c Forever

for a number of years too.

and yet he made Pascal pay for his bike last year!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Pascal was his employer wasn't he? Seems only fair that he would be provided with a bike by his employer. Must admit I haven't been keeping track of things though...

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 AM
7c Forever

Ya I guess you could call it that. I think it was more just a "we've got room in the trailer for an extra bike if you wanna run buddy." thing. Mig and Pascal go waaaaaaay back. I can remember them hanging around together at Shannon when I was just a wee kid. Like back in the days of Michel Mercier and Ruben McMurder, lol.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Yep, I remember those days too back when Pascal was the up and coming star after Michel had dominated the Canadian scene for so long and even won a WSBK round at Mosport!!

How cool would it be to have WSBK back there eh?

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 01:42 PM
7c Forever

it'd be badass, but it'll never happen. The bottom of 5 is about 30' off of crown land, and getting the crown to grant more land for a racetrack is clearly not gonna happen in a million years.

It's seriously my favourite track in the world tho. Altho both Portimao and Estoril are in the top 5, the Portuguese sure know how to build a badass racetrack

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Yeah - Portimao is something else with all the elevation changes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode