Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Szoke unemployed!!

you gotta be f*cking shitting me!

guy is like 6x national champ in Canada, including the last 4 consecutively!! Infact the last 4 years he's won both the superbike and 600 titles, total domination. And apparently Kawi pulled the plug on the team, sold it to an engine building firm and said engine building firm kept on the new kid, Alex Welsh, to ride, while Szoke is cruising the unemployment line! what the fucking hell?! Thank you Colin Fraser, for managing the series into the ground.

This all started when Colin banned R1's because of that tiff he had with John Bayliss at Yamaha.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 05:49 PM
No Crying Allowed

That's BS....... what a crock

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
WTF ???
Jordan Szoke is an exceptional racer and a hell of a nice guy.
I fricken' HATE Colin Fraser - he's a complete douchebag but I guess now that he's ruined AMA superbike racing he's looking for a new series to destroy. Fat fuck needs a reality check and a good solid kick in the 'nads

Szoke Loses Superbike Ride to Upstart
January 15, 2010

By Cycle Canada

Earlier this week Canadian Kawasaki Motors announced that its participation in Canadian Superbike would now be through a newly formed outsourced entity, Competition Systems Kawasaki Race Team. Today comes the announcement that that Alex Welsh of Uxbridge, Ontario will be the sole pilot of its Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R in the 2010 Parts Canada Superbike Championship.

A young up-and-comer, the 21-year-old Welsh joined the Canadian Kawasaki Motors factory team last summer after being named Parts Canada Superbike Championship HJC Pro Rookie of the Year in 2008.

Despite missing one race due to injury in 2009, Welsh finished seventh in the Superbike class on a Ninja ZX-10R, with a top finish of third at Mosport. He also placed fourth in the Yoshimura Pro Sport Bike series, riding Kawasaki’s ZX-6R Ninja, with four podium results, including runner-up at Mosport.

Today's announcement confirms rumours that defending Canadian Superbike champion, Jordan Szoke, the rider who earned Kawasaki the Superbike and 600cc Sport Bike Championships the last four years running, has been told his services are no longer required. Szoke gave details of the split in an interview with roadracingworld.com.

“They made me an offer that was pretty ridiculous,” said Szoke “No Championship bonus, no [salary], no expenses, no nothing, get [yourself] to the track, ride for free, only ride Superbike and then there were winnings. They would pay me [bonuses] for first, second and third.

“‘OK,’ I said, ‘I’ll do it', just because I know it’s a bad situation. Hopefully in a year it will turn around. I want to work with Kawasaki. I’m loyal to the company."

“I said, ‘I’ll do it, but…’ They sell off the bikes at the end of the year. I said, ‘I want to buy one of the 600s.’ I have to take a truck and trailer to the races anyway because my girlfriend races. So I’ll bring a 600 and I’ll contest and defend my Number One plate on my own dime."

“All I wanted to do was collect the posted contingency. That would be enough to pay for my tires, at least. And the other big reason why I wanted to do that was because all of my personal [sponsor] contracts I would lose so much money in winnings and pay because they would cut them in half because they’re all based on racing two classes. So I’m trying to save every dollar I can now that I’m working for free and paying to go to the racetrack."

“Then they said, ‘No, we don’t want you doing that. Thanks for your service. We’re going to hire a different rider.’ Click. They hung up the phone."

“It was nasty, really. There was no discussion, no debating. It wasn’t like, ‘OK, can I not race the 600 and ride the Superbike only?’ ‘No, we’re not interested in your services. Bye, bye.’”

Jeff Comello, former Canadian Kawasaki Motors manager, told roadracingworld.com, “We did try to put something together with Mr. Szoke. Trust me, we have a lot of equity built up in him. I managed the team for the last 10 plus years. I enjoyed working with him. Our intention was to put something together with him, but that hasn’t been the case thus far.”

Because Kawasaki’s Canadian superbike involvement is now run by Competition Systems, Comello said that negotiations were solely between Szoke and Mike Crompton, who is the new team owner and Szoke’s former Crew Chief.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 01-15-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

imo, Szoke is the best racer Canada has ever produced, including Miggy and Mike(Michelle) Duff.

It astounds me that they'd take issue to him competing in 600 on his own dime. And it REALLY astounds me that Sara Lee has a ride, but Szoke and Hacker don't.

I know I'm biased 'cause I've actually had beers with the guy, dunno if I'd call him a friend but more of an acquantance. Seriously tho, 4 double championships IN A ROW and he's without a ride?! This is like Suzuki shitcanning Mladin in '05, just completely un-fucking-thinkable.

So now both McCormick and Szoke are as of this moment, without rides. I'd say the odds of me turning up at Mosport or Shannonville this year are rapidly approaching 0.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I'd say the odds of me turning up at Mosport or Shannonville this year are rapidly approaching 0.
I just heard that Shanny is not on the schedual for 2010, so you will onlt have to boycott Mosport. Also, I think 'Bogie is off the schedual as well.
Way to go Fraser
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Advanced Member

i have read some of this on roadracingworld and also on the wera forums. im not gonna claim to follow canadian racing, but WTF??????? guy wins 4 championships, and you drop him? especially after the stuff i have seen, it looks like HE tried to go as low as he could.

bullshit.

is he good enough or is it possible for a WSBK ride? hell if the younger hayden brother can get a ride, sounds like szoke would fit somewhere?

K7 GSXR 750 Track, 08 CBR 1KRR Street, 00 YZ250 Dirt
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I'd rate Szoke very favourably against Sara Lee. Shit I'd rate Szoke favourably against Nicky for that matter.

He's a rider that's easy to underrate tho, the guy has had a "race brain" since he was 12 years old, he never rides any harder or more dangerously as he has to to bring the championship home. Lots of people say "well he doesn't win many races." and no he doesn't, but he brings home the championships, and it's not necessarily that he's running his hardest to finish third. I've personally seen the guy cruising around, come under threat for a position that he needs for the championship, and wick it up half a second a lap, every lap, for 6-7 laps, knock 3+ seconds off his lap time, leave the guy for dead, then back off and cruise around until he brings home the points he needs. Definitely a Lawson type rider rather than a Schwantz.

Unfortunatly, for all the race brain he's got on the track, he can lack it off the track. Nice fella, definitely "one of the boys" but he can get into deep shit like one of the boys can too. I could tell a couple of stories involving copious quantities of alcohol and misadventures with authority but I'll keep that off public boards. It's really affected his career choices tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Szoke determined to defend plates

By John Hopkins

Jordan Szoke is determined to defend his number one plates in the Parts Canada Superbike and Yoshimura Pro Sport Bike classes in 2010, despite losing his Kawasaki ride.

The Brantford, ON racer says he is in the process of setting up his own team to race in the national series, and has so far enlisted the help of famed tuner Scott Miller of Fast Company.

"I am going to defend my number one plates any way I can," said the six-time Canadian Superbike champion on Saturday at the North American International Motorcycle SUPERSHOW in Toronto, where he was a guest on the Joe Rocket stage with noted race announcer Frank Wood. "All my life savings are going into this program for next year and I hope that the following year things will get better."

Speaking to Inside Motorcycles on Monday, Szoke confirmed that he has enlisted Fast Company to build bikes for him, and he is trying to raise the budget to have Miller work with him at the track. Szoke and Miller are close friends, and combined to win the 2002 Parts Canada Superbike Championship aboard Suzukis.

What equipment Szoke will ride remains a question mark. Suzuki's participation in the national tour is in a state of flux, realistically leaving only Honda or BMW open to him. Persistent rumours at the SUPERSHOW suggested Suzuki will eventually commit to the Parts Canada series, clearing the way for Szoke to run a GSX-R based program.

After considerable speculation, Szoke's break with Canadian Kawasaki Motors was made official last week when the company announced that its race program was being taken over by Competition Systems. Szoke's 2009 teammate Alex Welsh was later confirmed as the lone rider in a Superbike-only squad.

The dire state of the economy and the motorcycle industry in particular were cited for the drastic changes to the Canadian Kawasaki Motors race program, which has won the past four national Superbike and Pro Sport Bike titles with Szoke.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

Oh shit, Jordan and Scott are back together!

I might have to give Scott a call and see if he needs a hand. Wish I had some dough to throw their way but this just isn't the year for it, could volunteer some time tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 PM

I would love to see Szoke on a Moto2 bike. Now that would be sweet.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

would just about be shoe in for the title.

I didn't realize he had fans in Indiana!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Szoke should come in on a Yamaha with a big F**K YOU COLIN across his number one plate.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I'm actually shocked at how fast everyone is getting behind him. The last couple years he was catching Mladin type criticism, but when he got the shaft thrown to him, everyone is behind him overnight.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

It just shows that in Canada, success does not mean job security. Bottom line for the M/C industry is $$$. I'm sure Crevier can tell a few stories.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
7c Forever

I've heard Crevier tell a few stories. Pascal's got some too but he's too cool to drink with the Anglais.

One of my classmates at college is going thru on a workmans comp sponsored deal 'cause he f*cked up his hands. (Carpal tunnel, was a welder, pretty much put an end to that.) Anyhow, he used to race with Squiddy back at Westwood when they were kids, Crevier is a good guy, calls it how it is and isn't too worried about being politically correct. Just happy to still be making money racing bikes at whatever he is, 45ish I think. Glad he never had to get a real job.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
I guess they ot GOOD OL BOY clubs there too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode