Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Rossi gets his way with Yamaha?

Anyone seen the short vidoe at Home | The Official MotoGP Website where Rossi is talking about the new strategy at FIAT Yamaha not to share data between him and Lorenzo? He tals about Lorenzos ability to devlop his own bike, how good he is as a rider etc. etc. but does anyone get the feeling he has been putting pressure on Yamaha to keep his settings for himself? When Lorenzo is asked to comment he says he has no comment at all.
Considering comments by Rossi and Burgess at the end of 09 it is not far fetched to think this is a step in a plan to neutralize Lorenzo for 2010.

This is what Brivio said about it in an interview at the same site.

There will still be a wall in the garage this year. How much information about each riders set up is available to their team-mate, and how much is kept confidential?
In 2010 we will have small changes in this sense, compared to 2009 when the challenge was completely open during the weekend and during the practice. In consideration of the fact that the two riders are the main rivals for the Championship, we have decided to respect this competition internally and to respect their own ways of racing and approaching the competition, so during the weekend the two teams will be much more independent and the challenge will be closer. Not much information can be exchanged between the two teams. At YMC level, back at the office, the engineers can compare the data and the information, but the two teams inside the garage can work more independently from a technical point of view.

So get all your conspiracy theories out!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
I don't think it;s a bad thing really.
I'm sure that if Lorenzo wins it this year he and his team would like to be able to say they did it all on their own without having to copy Rossi's settings. It sure sets up the season for a great new rivalry though doesn't it??

Bring it on!!

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM
`beer?

Send a message via MSN to walker Send a message via Yahoo to walker
I agree. It's one thing if Rossi's teamate is Edwards or Hayden and a completely different situation when your teamate is a world champion that challenged you fully for the title.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

They better be careful not to get caught up in their internal politics. Rossi and Lorenzo are going to be so focused on beating one another, that Stoner will run away with it. Even Pedrosa may even take a bite out of the Rossi, Lorenzo show.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 08:02 PM
Abusin' the scooter

I kinda like the smurf - would be interesting to see how much damage he could to Rossi, Lorenzo and Moaner if he was fit and healthy for the entire season.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
I don't think it;s a bad thing really.
I'm sure that if Lorenzo wins it this year he and his team would like to be able to say they did it all on their own without having to copy Rossi's settings. It sure sets up the season for a great new rivalry though doesn't it??

Bring it on!!
Doesnt have to be a ba thing. I am more curious to have it came about. Rossi sisnt shy to put pressure on anyone if needed and Yamaha have clearly stated that they have every intention to keep Rossi. If this is a move to oblige Rossi - how does it affect Lorenzos also clearly stated will to stay at Yamaha? Do Yamaha wait and see how Spies progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rider View Post
They better be careful not to get caught up in their internal politics. Rossi and Lorenzo are going to be so focused on beating one another, that Stoner will run away with it. Even Pedrosa may even take a bite out of the Rossi, Lorenzo show.
I dont think anyone will "run away with it" this year. Stoner has his own problems and the Yamaha seems to good a bike to let SToner have 07 repeat. It will be close this year.

Quote:
I kinda like the smurf - would be interesting to see how much damage he could to Rossi, Lorenzo and Moaner if he was fit and healthy for the entire season.
Pedrosa is very underrated in my opinion. His biggest problem is Hondas inability to deliver a top notch bike. For the third consecutive season the bike is totally revised - compare it to Yamaha who have a very solid foundation and just need to develop it. HRC brings out a totally new bike and with the limited amount of testing it sets Pedrosa back a bit. He will still win a few races this year though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Gustav O; 02-11-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Yeah - you know everyone gets on him because he 'lacks personality' but the guy sure can ride, I'd like to see him win the title before he's done and I REALLY hope that Spies gets in the mix quickly - that will really shake things up

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 11:07 AM
7c Forever

Dani definitely has the advantage of a really great bike since he got to the top class. First year he was on a satellite bike with different fairings and the Honda 800 has really f*cking sucked.

Dani's fast as hell tho, and he's got heart. I've got a lot lot of respect for that. I mean how many other guys do you know that'd crash out of an 8 second lead on lap 3, trying to push for a 10 second gap by lap 4.

Not that I think that was terribly bright, but it sure shows heart. Reminds me of DuHammel only not an asshole.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

I agree, Dani is a fast rider, and it's not his talent that holds him back. There is just something not right at the HRC camp.
I like Spies and the way he rides, but I think it's too soon to make any major predictions on his part. He's fast, but I don't know if he is Rossi/Lorenzo/Stoner/Pedrosa fast. The Fabulous Front Four are at a whole different level.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:41 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Agreed.
Would definitely be nice to see someone else getting in the mix though...

Nicky?

Bwahahahahahahah .....

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Agreed.
Would definitely be nice to see someone else getting in the mix though...

Nicky?

Bwahahahahahahah .....
How about Loris?
Given the right equipment, I think he can run with the Front Four. He's due for a good season.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 AM
7c Forever

I don't see Loris hanging with Bautista.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Yeah - how can you not like Loris?
He's done though, last time he was consistently competitive was on the Duc but on the Suzuki he's just extending his retirement fund.

Last edited by Yamahuh; 02-12-2010 at 07:21 PM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
7c Forever

that's my opinion aswell, much as I like the guy.

But Bauti is serious shit, if that Suzuki is competative he could become a real threat.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode