Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

as crazy as this sounds

the ama races from last week were pretty kick ass!! lots of passes close racing, racers actually looking like they are on the raged edge.

i really enjoyed watching them.

no matter how much dmg has tried to screw it up they at least seem to have a couple things right. They also appear to have backed down from the stupid nazi like stances they made last year. Lets hope this is the beginning of the climb out of the whole they made last year!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

DMG have done damage that is going to take a while to repair. I did not see the race, but I am glad it was at least worth mentioning. Good sign

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
7c Forever

I'm gonna have to eat some crow on it. McCormick is running down there now and I'm a big supporter of the kid. I still wish he hadda just gone to Europe but I guess the correct opportunity wasn't there.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Advanced Member

surpisingly, yes, this year both daytona and fontana have been great racing, and "hopefully" things continue in this direction. DMG royally fucked things last year, and it will take some time to right those wrongs, but the first two weekends appear to be steps in the right direction.

now, how about that WSBK race that was freaking awesome

/threadjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
I'm gonna have to eat some crow on it. McCormick is running down there now and I'm a big supporter of the kid. I still wish he hadda just gone to Europe but I guess the correct opportunity wasn't there.

oh, and i am not sure if it was an april fools joke, but is he going to take yates spot at jordan for the next couple rounds? that would be awesome, he was riding well at fontana...

K7 GSXR 750 Track, 08 CBR 1KRR Street, 00 YZ250 Dirt

Last edited by TBaggington; 04-03-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
I miss it all , cant wait to get back to stated so I can go to the Track/Races when I want and not have to pay a FORTUNE!

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 AM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBaggington View Post
oh, and i am not sure if it was an april fools joke, but is he going to take yates spot at jordan for the next couple rounds? that would be awesome, he was riding well at fontana...
right now it's just testing for Yates as far as I know, but it may be expanded, he's still got a deal with Celtic racing tho so he's there for good I think.

Brat still shoulda gone to Europe tho.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-04-2010, 11:55 AM
7c Forever

It's official, the kid from Saskatoon is in for Yates.

Parts Canada Superbike Championship - McCormick Signs To Ride For Jordan Suzuki

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 02:46 AM
250 cc pilota.

The Fontana races was fun to watch but I guess that is what happens when you take the fastest guys out, MotoGP is usually quite frantic from sixth to twelfth.

One more proof that the really fast guys are gone is that Tommy Hayden actually managed to win a SBK-race after a trillion tries.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
7c Forever

lol, so he's won under the same circumstances as little brother then. Maybe better circumstances even, Nicky had no Mat to contend with AND he had the trickest superbike ever built while his main competition was running a 7 year old design that was still rocking carbs.

Edit: and lets not forget the 33% displacement advantage.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:
Nicky had no Mat to contend with ...
You sir, are wrong.
Nicky Hayden from Wikipedia:

In 2001, his first full season as an AMA superbike racer, he came within 40 points of winning the championship, finishing behind only champion Mat Mladin and runner-up Eric Bostrom. The 2002 season, however, would see Hayden answering the bell: he won the Daytona 200 on a Honda Superbike en route to becoming the youngest ever AMA Superbike Champion, defeating reigning treble champion Mat Mladin, among others. He also entered the World Superbike round at Laguna Seca, making a solid 4th in the first race before colliding with Noriyuki Haga in race two.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

Quote:
lol, so he's won under the same circumstances as little brother then. Maybe better circumstances even, Nicky had no Mat to contend with AND he had the trickest superbike ever built while his main competition was running a 7 year old design that was still rocking carbs.

Edit: and lets not forget the 33% displacement advantage.
and lets not forget the bottle of crown royal that nicky won me

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 03:40 AM

DSB/600 series seems like a good one

awesome race 1 @ fontana

Quote:
Nicky had no Mat to contend with
he did as mentioned above however mladin was on a 750 K2 against hayden's RC51 SP2.

AFM #282

Last edited by stingray; 04-08-2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 03:35 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclenut View Post
and lets not forget the bottle of crown royal that nicky won me

lol, ya no kidding, I lost 2 bottles over that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
he did as mentioned above however mladin was on a 750 K2 against hayden's RC51 SP2.
yea but Mat was out with surgery for his fucked up foot from the plane crash way back when. He was only there a couple races, hence Eric being the big contender on that POS ZX7.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Last edited by Junior; 04-08-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Quote:

yea but Mat was out with surgery for his fucked up foot from the plane crash way back when. He was only there a couple races,
That's for me.

I don't know how you can say that he was only there a couple of rounds- he scored points at 12 of 16, of the 4 he didn't score points at 1 was Daytona. That plane crash was in 1995 so i guess it's possible that he may have had corrective surgery that forced him to miss Daytona but the other 3 races that he didn't score points at were 2/3 of the way through the season. Why would he have elected to have surgery part way through the season for a 7 year old injury that he'd already managed to win 3 AMA superbike titles despite? I'm not saying it's impossible - just seems improbable. Seems to me that he was either injured or had mechanical problems.

Or maybe Nicky just beat him...

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 04-09-2010 at 09:02 PM.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
I dont inhale

they did a little bit on your boy mccormick on this weeks superbike race coverage...and they showed yates get his leg run over by ulrich...ouch

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
7c Forever

Brett's a good fella. The day Rossi and Stoner got into it at Laguna, Brett and I had been talking THAT MORNING about how there was no way Rossi could hang and that Stoner would be gone with it.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
No Crying Allowed

Good to hear it's getting better... are they worthy of uploading? if there is enough interest I can look into it for you guys.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Gang Green

Sport bike race sure looked good, here is the last lap:

SPEEDtv.com Videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode