Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Motegi Confirmed postponed

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/158...c_eruption.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearticle
The upcoming second round of the 2010 MotoGP campaign at the Twin Ring Motegi in Japan looks set to be postponed due to ongoing repercussions from the Icelandic volcano eruption.
Whilst the F1 circus fears it may be stuck in China for the immediate future due to the ongoing mass disruption to global air travel as a result of the Icelandic volcanic eruption earlier this week, there appear to be even more far-reaching consequences in MotoGP – with reports stating that next weekend's round in Japan is to be postponed until towards the end of the season.

With difficulties in transporting both team personnel and equipment to the Twin Ring Motegi – scheduled to host the premier class' second showdown of 2010 – it is being claimed that the event will now take place on 3 October, after Motorland Aragon and timed to tie-in with the flyaway Malaysian and Australian races.

The official line from championship organisers Dorna is that they are currently considering their options – but unofficially it is believed that a decision has already been taken.

“We are scheduled to make some formal announcement at around noon tomorrow (Monday),” Twin Ring Motegi public relations officer Daisuke Naoi told AFP. “We don't know what we will do yet.”

The eruption of the Eyjafjallajökull volcano in southern Iceland on Wednesday morning blasted a cloud of ash into the atmosphere and has led to the cancellation of thousands of flights both in Europe and worldwide due to safety concerns. As many as 30 countries have grounded their airlines and either closed or restricted their airspace.
bloody Eyjafjallajökull

prejudices are what fools use for reason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 PM
No Crying Allowed

WOW..... who would have ever thought Motogp would be effected by a volcano lol

thanks for the info

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 AM
7c Forever

When mother nature gets her feathers ruffled she can be a foul bitch.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:19 AM
Gang Green

It is official now, it's been postponed until October.
I guess several riders were stuck in Europe, along with some bikes.
Riders currently outside Europe would have been able to make it, but several others would not.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 01:19 PM
I dont inhale

bummer

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
i was going to be out drinking when the race was on, so i don't mind so much

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

I guess Rossi gets a bit more healing time.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 05:42 PM
7c Forever

Dorna conspiracy to help Rossi!!

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:00 PM
No Crying Allowed

updated title to confirmed.... shit.... I need my racing fix...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Qatar was just a teaser. I need more racing.
Sigh! I guess I'm raking my lawn this weekend.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 AM
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
Dorna conspiracy to help Rossi!!

Of course that was the thing. their golden boy needs all the help he can get.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 09:38 AM
7c Forever

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
looks like Oct 3rd now!! IM gonna start planning my TRIP!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode