Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

First Club race of 2010.

After finally getting my bike back together last week and starting to get to terms with the detonations I had problems with last year it was time for my first race. Just a evening club race at my "local club" in Linköping but a race is a race.
During the winter I purchased an HRC detonation sensor and it has already proved it´s worth as we could get a good idea on why I had detonations. During the week I changed the nozzles as the previous ones I had seemed too lean and the bike didn´t get enough gas at full revs, especially on over revs when the power jet turns of at 12150 rpms.

I packed the bike and gear up at noon to get going to Linköping. A three hour drive and I arrive at Sviestad. It had rained all day but it stopped at 14:00 so we had a dry evening - great!
The class I compete in is a really mixed class with three 250GPs, one 125GP, two SV650s, one Minimono ( Honda RS125R chassi and CRF450 ENgine), two Aprilia RS250s and one RD350 ( RZ350 for all yankees).
A great recepie for fun races!
First thing I did after I had unloaded the bike was of course to start her up and let everyone know they had a real race bike present. Everyone loved it, of course!

Black beauty, ready to go!

Time for QP and the butterflies are present as always even though it is just a race for fun and no big prestige. I get out and try to find some kind of rythm. I fail as usual. But my biggest concern is that the problems with my forearms swelling and almost cramping up comes right back! This year I have even been training for three months in the gym. After seven laps I pit to see how I have done and as I am second I decide to stop. I finally end up fourth after QP so it is a first row start for me. My time is a miserable 1.05.9 but at least I think I will have a chance on the third place as the two fastest guys are out of my reach.

Cruising during QP....

The time between QP and race is spent eating some food, talking trash with all good friends and getting some more butterflies.
As usual I get my gear on too early so I start to sweat - I will never learn..
For the race I have two apparentky simpler goals.
1. Finnish the race
2. Try to get on the podium.

We get out for sighting and warm up laps and I try to ride as relaxed as possible while pushing a bit during the warm up lap to get in race mode.
The start goes and I don´t. I just suck at starting this bike. I am close to stalling it twice so I am seventh in to the first corner. I get good drive out of it though and pass one guy going in to the next corner and then the 125GP and one more SV650 on the long straight - I love my engine sometimes. 8-)

Some more passes and I see the Minimono guy coming back to me when I am in fourth. I push as hard as I can and set my fastest lap while catching him. This race I am much more aggresive while passing and I get him on the brakes going in to the first corner - at my first opportunity.
The problem is that my arms are getting seriously pumped up and I start messing up my down shifts / braking seriously. My left arm is so swollen I just have no feel in the fingers and have to clutch with my whole arm and then dump the clutch when done. It makes it a bit unstable when I have to drop to first as I am too slow in that the slowest corner - next goal is to do that corner in second as that would make a big difference for the lap times.
I manage to keep the Minimono behind me all race but I am close to messing it up and missin apexes, braking and down shifts all the time.
Getting the flag felt great! The bike stayed together, I had tons of fun, set a new PB if only by a whisker ( 1.04.467 ) and I managed to get on the podium. Can it get any better?

Full race result at MYLAPS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Well done man!
Must feel awesome.
Great write up too - whatcha gonna do about the arm pump though??

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

I really dn´t know what to do about the arms. Relax more while I am riding seems to be the main thing.

It was great fun - as always!

Some more pictures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM
doomsday machine

Awesome!

Congrats on the podium.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagzomatic View Post
Awesome!

Congrats on the podium.
Thanks!
It was great fun, as always.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
don't read this

Send a message via AIM to rinn Send a message via Yahoo to rinn
Saweeeeeet...

Good Job!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

"I don't like your jerk off name, I don't like your jerk off face, I don't like your jerk off behavior, and I don't like you...... jerk off!"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:45 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Congrats mate, good to see the bike running well. How do you think you'll resolve the arm pump problems? I thought gym work in that area woud have helped?

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
Congrats mate, good to see the bike running well. How do you think you'll resolve the arm pump problems? I thought gym work in that area woud have helped?
I really don´t know what to do about my arms. Relaxing more while riding is one thing and that can only come from riding more. I will talk to someone who knows how to train - maybe I am doing it the wrong way or so but I believe more seat time is the main key.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

More pics.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 07:32 AM
Team America Support Crew

Send a message via Yahoo to Warp Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav O View Post
More pics.

Quote:
Hey watch out for that guy in the black T, I think he's trying to nick something
Quote:
The kill switch is here somewhere, I've already taken the fairing off trying to find it...

We need a sound file mate. I have one of a Paton RG500 at the TT in 2007. Sounded bloody sweet

ONCE YOU'VE HAD ASIAN, YOU WILL NEVER TOUCH CAUCASIAN

OLD AGE AND TREACHERY WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
250 cc pilota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp Racer View Post
We need a sound file mate. I have one of a Paton RG500 at the TT in 2007. Sounded bloody sweet
I have plans with recordings so I´ll post it when I have it. The guy in the picture is an ass, of sorts any wya.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode