Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 AM
7c Forever

jesus christ I have a Doohan feeling here.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Advanced Member

Doesn't "exposed fracture" me through the skin?? This is bad. The championship will be over for him for sure. I only hope it doesn't effect the rest of his career. I like watching him race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
No Crying Allowed

For the first time in his career Valentino Rossi will not participate in his home GP at Mugello. A highside crash in the second practice session on Saturday morning at the Gran Premio d’Italia TIM has led to the Italian’s withdrawal from Sunday’s race, with the full period of time of his recovery yet to be determined.

The defending World Champion fell at Turn 13, the top of the fast chicane, as his M1 highsided and threw him from the bike. Rossi was stretchered from the track and taken directly to the medical centre, where he underwent X-rays which confirmed a displaced and exposed fracture of his right tibia.
Doctor Macchiagodena of the Clinica Mobile told motogp.com: “It’s an injury more serious than we thought, because it’s an exposed fracture with the bone protruding from the skin. We have reduced the fracture, which fortunately has not affected any blood vessels or nerves.”

“It is serious, it could be a couple of months, but it is too early to say just yet. He remained calm, but having seen the images he could already see it was a nasty fall.”
Rossi was then flown by helicopter to the Careggi Hospital in Florence for a further medical examination, and was moved to the orthopaedic trauma centre afterwards, which is close to the hospital. He will have an operation this afternoon (Saturday).

Rossi’s absence on Sunday will be the first time he has missed a race since his debut in the 125cc class in Malaysia in 1996, breaking a record run of 230 successive GP starts.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Costa's said his piece aswell

Dr Claudio Costa of Clinica Mobile, MotoGP's travelling medical facility, later revealed that Rossi could be sidelined for up to three months by the injury, which he described as "very serious".

"It's a more serious fracture than we expected," Costa told reporters.

"It's a compound fracture which involves both the tibia and the fibula. I hope there are no complications It will be at least two or three months for him to recover. It's not the usual break of the bone, it's very serious."
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Faaakkkk!!!!!!
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Valentino Rossi underwent a successful operation at the Centro Traumatologico Ortopedico in Florence, Italy this afternoon to repair his fractured right tibia. The injury was sustained when he crashed in practice for the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello this morning.

He was operated on by Dr. Roberto Buzzi of the CTO, assisted by Dr. Claudio Costa of the Clinica Mobile. Dr. Buzzi made the following statement following the 2.5 hour operation:

"We received Valentino Rossi at the Careggi Hospital, where we made detailed checks in order to rule out any other injuries, and the results were satisfactory. We therefore decided to proceed with the surgery for the exposed fracture of the right leg. We performed a spinal block (epidural) and cleaned and washed the fracture, which was then aligned and stabilised with a pin. The surgery had good results; the alignment was good and the bone is now stable. The wound remains open, as is usual in these cases, and it will be stitched in the next few days with another short surgery. We are confident that Valentino will be able to leave the hospital in a week to ten days, able to put weight on the leg with the aid of crutches.

"It is difficult to say how long the post surgery rehabilitation will take, we need to evaluate the progress of the patient and also what the x-rays will show. But I think that we can reasonably think of six weeks partial weight-bearing with crutches, after which Valentino needs to be re-evaluated, according to his feedback and further x-rays."

Managing Director of Yamaha Motor Racing Lin Jarvis added "It was a very sad day today for Yamaha and the Fiat Yamaha Team, seeing Vale in so much pain and seriously injured for the first time in his career. It is especially tough for Vale to have this accident at his home Grand Prix and this will surely be a huge disappointment for him and for all his fans here at the Mugello circuit and around the world. As a Team we are very deflated right now because we had our two riders challenging for the championship lead and now that challenge is over - at least for the immediate future. We wish Vale the very best for a speedy recovery and hope to have him back with us as soon as possible."
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Looks like a one man show for a few months. Unless someone else steps up. I bet Lorenzo pooped a little when he heard the news.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
We are confident that Valentino will be able to leave the hospital in a week to ten days, able to put weight on the leg with the aid of crutches.
that's pretty good he's able to bear weight on the leg so soon.

being able to move is the biggest thing to recovery.

AFM #282
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Serbian Jew Double Bluff

Send a message via MSN to Matt
Well now that just fuckin blows.

Nothing a few won't take care of.

Heres to a speedy recovery and I hope he heals up quick enough to at least get a few more races in before the season is over.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 09:46 PM
No Crying Allowed

Really sucks for Vale.... I'm a little upset as Jorge's head will get too big for his helmet now lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 09:57 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Goddamn it.
Game over for the season.
Lorenzo will be champ and everyone else will be battling for 2nd and 3rd overall

Rossi crash

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 06-05-2010 at 10:03 PM.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I dont inhale

its "just" a tib fib fracture, which means it will take some time but it shouldnt effect him in the long run.

heres hoping he is back by indy!!!

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Abusin' the scooter

If you look closely at that picture you can kinda see that his right shin is at a weird angle

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 AM
jimmy crack corn

Hopefully the grid will get a bit of a charge out of it , but yes this is a sad day . Even if you don't like Rossi you have to respect what he has done.

David
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:38 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
i think a few of you misreading jorge... he's a competitor, in the utmost sense of the word, and i quote mr lorenzo, himself: "It's a pity vale's injury... I wish he comes back soon. The races are not the same without him."

don't get me wrong, he'll take the championship any way he can get it, but i'd say his preference is to beat vale to it, not accept some form of default win in vale's absence...

that being said, pedrobot looked the goods at mugello

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Yeah - agreed on your evaluation of Lorenzo.
To be the champ you've got to beat the champ - for sure He would have preferred to beat Vale straight up and on the track.

I'd like to see Dani take it to him for the rest of the season and actually, I'd like to see him win the title. He's a gutsy little bugger. Too bad for Nicky this weekend.

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 09:28 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
yeah, it would seem ducati might need to do some work on the front end? though i'm sure the duc team was a little happier on the final lap, than they were the lap before

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

I'm sure Lorenzo knows that who ever wins this year will be labeled the guy who won while Rossi was out.
I sure hope Dani keeps it interesting for t he rest of the season.
Ducati and Stoner came out as a great package when the switch to 800 was made, but now the competition has caught up to them. Stoner is where he belongs now. Too bad realy. I was hoping for a three way battle for the championship this year.
Dovi??
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
jesus christ I have a Doohan feeling here.
Agreed with Junior on this one- I was at a local bike shop Saturday & the girl behind the counter is like "did you hear about Rossi" and I just got this sick feeling.
I hope he heals up well & fast.
Nobody wants to see him end his career on the injured list right. At least I don't

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode