Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Gang Green

Official: Stoner To Honda

Soup :: Honda: We Hope To Have Pedrosa, Stoner and Dovizioso In 2011 :: 07-09-2010

HONDA RACING INFORMATION

CASEY STONER TO JOIN HONDA IN 2011

HRC is delighted to announce that Casey Stoner will become a factory Honda rider in next year's MotoGP World Championship. The Australian 2007 World Champion, who rode in the Honda LCR Team in his debut MotoGP season in 2006, will rejoin Honda after four seasons with Ducati. Honda's complete factory team line-up for 2011 will be officially presented later in the season.

HRC Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto said: "We are very pleased that Casey will join Honda again next year. Clearly he is one of the top riders in MotoGP and he will bring valuable speed and experience to our team. In the factory Honda squad we already have two very strong and experienced riders in Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso who are performing very well and currently hold second and third positions in the 2010 World Championship. HRC hopes also to retain these two riders for next year - giving us what would be a truly formidable line-up."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

this is crazy, although i dislike Honda and how they do their riders, i must say that i think this is his best oppertunity to get on level terms with the Yamahas... the Ducati has never been the best in the corner but they made up for it in all out speed and power... now theyre lacking that so he's fighting a losing battle.... i think the Honda is capable of much more then weve seen it just lacks consistent riders who can ride it on the edge full race length... i see Stoner being back on top next year... and hopefully for Ducati Rossi comes over because if not theyll be looking very stupid letting their most successful rider just slip away due to false hope

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Well guys I hate to say 'I told you so' but you know what??
I told you so...

2 months ago in fact.

Stoner added: "I have decided to move on. I will have new challenges in the future and different obstacles to overcome, but I will not forget these years with Ducati and the people I have had the privilege to work with."

World champion Valentino Rossi is now expected to leave Yamaha to link-up with his fellow-Italians at Ducati.

Rossi is currently recuperating from a broken leg suffered at the Italian Grand Prix last month but is expected to return before the end of the season.

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 07-10-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 09:52 AM
No Crying Allowed

It's official for Rossi too..... signed with Ducati... announcement on monday!

15 mil euro for two years.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

ill believe it when i hear it, Rossi a big trickster so when it comes from the horses mouth ill believe it.... id like to see him go though so it can mix things up a bit more.... we gotta have the 3 best riders all on different machinery to keep things intresting!

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Seems like that's the way it's going .... It would be a logical move for Ducati to sign him, hes' not going to keep performing at this level for ever and he has suggested in the past that he would love to ride for Duc - then again he has also stated that he would like to finish his career riding for Yamaha...

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

It's a tough call really. Yamaha treats Rossi very well. Even now, supplying him with a WSBK R1 so that he can measure his recovery. I think that they are being very generous to him, and the decision will be entirely on his shoulders when the time comes. I think Yamaha looks after all of their Champions. ie. Rainey, Lawson, Roberts...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode