Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Fire works at misano!!!!

The Misano race weekend seems to be the occasion for all the riders to freely speak their minds.
Last night, during the Dedikato event, the crowd bore witness to an exchange of offensive remarks between Loris Capirossi and Marco Melandri. Tension which began with comments from the latter rider.
Asked about a possible return to Ducati, Loris Capirossi responded that he has yet to sign a contract, but that the chances of him staying at Suzuki had dwindled down close to zero, so going to Team Ducati Pramac seemed like a probably solution.
“When you go to sign with Pramac – Marco Melandrisurprisingly responded – but on your ski mask because it will be a robbery!"
Loris didn't hesitate to respond.
“You are just jealous because you are 15 years younger than me and you have no choice but to go to Superbike.”
Melandri responded with a slightly broader accusation.
“I'm going to Superbike, which is a 2nd tier series, because I have no more motivation to ride in MotoGP. The way in which some people are helped to win here, as it has always been done for Valentino, leaves me with no possibility to compete with the top three.”
“Sure – Capirossireplied – but if you don't win it all in Superbike, then your career is done."

And there really isn't very much to add to that...

WOW.... seems Melandri is more then a little bitter about his time in and future with Motogp.....discuss

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Where is he going in WSBK. That grid seems to be getting bigger and bigger every year. I'd be happy with going to WSBK. It has a more promising future that premier class these days.
Marco, don't disrespect Capirossi. He's earned his wings.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 02:38 PM
250 cc pilota.

Melandri is heavily linked to the BMW effort, replacing Xaus one would assume.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
7c Forever

not as long at Tardozzi is in charge.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-03-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

idk Tardozzi is the one whos supposably pushing for him...but the drama doesnt stop there apparently Stoner and Rossi got into it according to GPone but the english translation doesnt wanna come up..... ive been checking it all day, its kinda anoying as im dieing to know what they are feuding about

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

heres the story with rossi and stoner:

The top riders in MotoGP generally try to remain civil to one another off track, but Valentino Rossi and Casey Stoner recently exchanged some less that complementary remarks through the media.
When Rossi was asked what he though of the Ducati, based on what he can see out on track, he answered: "It is hard to understand the potential of the Desmosedici - Rossi said - because Stoner is not putting in as much effert as Lorenzo and Pedrosa are."
Naturally, it didn't take long for Stoner to fire right back:
“Rossi should be more worried about what is going on within his own garage, where there is a guy who has been beating him since the start of the year.”
We may not have seen many sparks in recent MotoGP races, but there seems to be plenty of excitement in the paddock these days...

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM
7c Forever

soap opera.

I hate to see this, but the only guy doing any talking with his riding this year, is Jorge. And he's been eerily silent thru this drama.

Definitely gaining some respect for him. I did used to say that he had to get his head screwed on straight before he could be a threat, and without a doubt he's got it screwed on correctly now.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Gang Green

Melandri may end up on Crutchlows R1 assuming Cruthlow takes spies tech3 spot

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior View Post
soap opera.

I hate to see this, but the only guy doing any talking with his riding this year, is Jorge. And he's been eerily silent thru this drama.

Definitely gaining some respect for him. I did used to say that he had to get his head screwed on straight before he could be a threat, and without a doubt he's got it screwed on correctly now.
yea its crazy... whats your opinion of Casey and the Desmo? i think the bike really is just about at its limits... i think its down on power from last year and this new rideable version they were aiming for seems to have worked because they detuned the bike so people who were struggling last year with it are doing better now but the main person who was making it work (Casey) can no longer run with the front because its lacking that little extra and everytime he trys to push the bike past its bounderies he ends up in the dirt.... this whole talk about him taking it easy i think is nonsense... why would he want to make himself look less marketable....especially since he's already out of the championship run.... why would he purposely go from one of the guys in the running for most 800cc wins to the guy bagging 3rds and crashing out of races.... he did that in 06... so been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEnvy View Post
Melandri may end up on Crutchlows R1 assuming Cruthlow takes spies tech3 spot
idk if Cruthlow is leaving yet but its offical that Melandri has signed with Yamaha WSBK

Last edited by kid1000; 09-05-2010 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 02:07 PM
7c Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid1000 View Post
yea its crazy... whats your opinion of Casey and the Desmo? i think the bike really is just about at its limits... i think its down on power from last year and this new rideable version they were aiming for seems to have worked because they detuned the bike so people who were struggling last year with it are doing better now but the main person who was making it work (Casey) can no longer run with the front because its lacking that little extra and everytime he trys to push the bike past its bounderies he ends up in the dirt.... this whole talk about him taking it easy i think is nonsense... why would he want to make himself look less marketable....especially since he's already out of the championship run.... why would he purposely go from one of the guys in the running for most 800cc wins to the guy bagging 3rds and crashing out of races.... he did that in 06... so been there done that
I don't doubt for a heartbeat that the bike is being developed away from what Casey wants. They tried to bring in other riders that ride like Casey (Flattrackers like Casey, Mika and Sete) and that didn't work so they're trying to make a more conventional motorcycle. A bad call in my mind.

I think the bike is down on outright power trying to get some more midrange, I suspect they've altered the bore/stroke to get a B/S ratio more like 1.7 I'm fairly confident it was up around 2 in 2007.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

thats exactly my point... but itll be intresting to see what direction the doctor will take the bike to next year.... one thing is for sure they need to get some power back in that bike bc both of their factory riders are larger then their rivals so they cannot afford to be down on power when smaller riders like Pedrosa and Stoner and dovi will all be on those rocket hondas...especially when the Ducati is not known for being the quickest and most nimple through the corner and with the 2011 bike being almost complete in development i doubt there will be much Rossi can do about that before next seasons opening round

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 10:24 PM
250 cc pilota.

Pedrosa is doing some pretty good talking with his driving at the moment. He has really found his mojo and is a very serious threat for 2011. I reckon he will beat Stoner next year as well.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i agree its a shame that he couldnt be on form like this earlier in the season to make a strong battle for the championship.... hopefully next year we can look forward to a good 4-5 way battle for the title

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

So Lorenzo is still turning down offers from Yamaha, and Pedrosa still has not signed with Honda.
Do you think Yamaha will tell Lorenzo to take it or leave it eventually? I mean how high can they possibly go with out insulting other riders.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 05:41 PM
7c Forever

very interesting to see how much Lorenzo gets paid. Yamaha are in a bind they've basically gotta get him or they have 0 chance at the title next year. Unless Pedrosa decides to come over for ridiculously cheap. Honda stand a chance to actually field a double sized team and be nearly assured of the title, if they open their checkbook deep enough.

Sounds crazy but they've made crazier moves in the past.

HAIL TO THE KING!!

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1rider View Post
I mean how high can they possibly go with out insulting other riders.
when their other riders start winning championships...

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 AM

they don't call it silly season for nothing.

rumor has it edwards is going to bmw.

fairly certain crutchlow's going to T3. no secret he wants in on the GP circuit.

as for front end problems, i think the frame is too stiff. stoner's been going back to the smaller dia. forks all year and still having probs w grip. the frame needs to flex when lent over so being a (relatively) small factory team and frame being CF, i doubt they can do much about it now. IIRC just the brake rotors need months to layer on and bake. frame being even more critical i can't see them building 1 in time even if they did acknowledge there was a prob early on in the season.

AFM #282

Last edited by stingray; 09-08-2010 at 12:26 AM.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
they don't call it silly season for nothing.

rumor has it edwards is going to bmw.

fairly certain crutchlow's going to T3. no secret he wants in on the GP circuit.

as for front end problems, i think the frame is too stiff. stoner's been going back to the smaller dia. forks all year and still having probs w grip. the frame needs to flex when lent over so being a (relatively) small factory team and frame being CF, i doubt they can do much about it now. IIRC just the brake rotors need months to layer on and bake. frame being even more critical i can't see them building 1 in time even if they did acknowledge there was a prob early on in the season.
Crutchlow is already confirmed at Tech3, they made an announcement last weekend.

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Here you go Jr.

Stoner bites back at Rossi's criticism
by Visordown News

A war of words broke out between Valentino Rossi and former MotoGP champion Casey Stoner at last weekend's Misano MotoGP, after Rossi criticised Stoner's lack of effort during practice.

The bickering started when Rossi commented that Stoner did not work hard enough during practice and the results affected the Australian's race pace come the main event.

In true Aussie straight-talking style, Stoner responded, saying: “I don’t care about his opinion. At the moment he is getting his arse kicked by his team-mate.”

Thankfully, the difference of opinion wasn't displayed in a face-to-face stand-off.

Read more: Stoner bites back at Rossi's criticism - Motorcycle racing news: Moto GP - Visordown

Is there no end to Stoner's ability to be a bitch?
Apparently he's forgotten that Rossi missed a race or two with a badly broken leg (but was racing within 6 weeks) while he chose to sit out half a season because he had an upset tummy... not to mention the fact that Rossi has as many points from 8 starts as Stoner has from 12...

I guess Stacey Moaner will be revising his 'Heroes' list..

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 09-09-2010 at 02:42 PM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:36 PM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
still ragging on stoner? :eyeroll

prejudices are what fools use for reason

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode