Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
Jerez 2011

I don't want to give too much away but this was a highly entertaining race with perhaps the funniest post race celebration I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing...

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Gang Green

Yea quite exciting race, lots of drama!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

**** SPOILER

**** SPOILER

**** SPOILER

**** SPOILER

**** SPOILER

**** SPOILER

Coul;dn't believe Rossi's push from -what?- the fourth row?
All the way up to second and then takes out Stoner on the pass. Although to be fair he had got by him when the front end tucked. Still - perhaps not the most advised pass on a wet track? But then holy shit - climbs back on and works his way up to 5th from dead last? Wow.

Simoncelli looked freakin awesome til he binned it and so did Ben.
Edwards denied a podium at the last minute - but I was happier to see Nicky there than I would have been to see Colin - so he was giftwrapped it - he stayed on when many didn't.

Wonder what the fallout is going to be from the Stoner Rossi incident though...

Here are the thoughts of both riders after the coming together during the race in which Rossi took full responsibility for.

Stoner:
”We made a good start to the race, we understood the tyres weren’t the best and they were trying to spin, so we needed to back off quite a bit,” said the Repsol Honda rider. ”Rossi came up the inside and wasn’t able to stay on the bike and took me out. It was not the best day for us for sure, after such a good weekend. We’re very disappointed with this result. I believe we would have been there at the end because it was a long race with many people crashing which is why we were being quiet.”

Stoner was clearly frustrated after the incident which ended his race prematurely. After the race, Rossi went to the Honda garage to apologise to Stoner for his mistake. The Repsol Honda rider shared his feelings after the two exchanged words.

”For sure, I would prefer if Valentino did it away from the cameras and would say something to me quietly without always having to have proof,” commented Stoner. ”For sure Valentino doesn’t do this for himself, he just wants to show to everybody that he has apologised. Yes it’s a nice gesture, it’s very good, but it still doesn’t change the result today, so we’ll see what happens in the next races.”

Rossi made amends for his mistake, but insisted he was in a position to fight for the podium.

”Yes it was a crazy race because it was difficult conditions and everyone was on the limit with the softer tyres,” explained Rossi. “I was very fast in the beginning of the race in the wet, but unfortunately I made a mistake in braking and I crashed. Unfortunately, I also crashed into Stoner. I went to him to say sorry that I made a mistake. With my race today, we had the potential to try and win or finish on the podium, but at the end the result isn’t so bad. I came back to finish fifth which was important points for the championship.”

Its really hard to take an angry man seriously when hes wearing a bathrobe. - Carl Fogarty

Last edited by Yamahuh; 04-03-2011 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Almost pissed myself laughing at this though

What a wanker!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 PM
jimmy crack corn

It almost looked like he wasn't trying to go in the water but slipped and went in .
yeah He is a tool at times.

He's lucky he doesn't end up with cholera or typhoid

it's obvious he likes the stinkholes

David
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

I know - looked like he was going to run around it or something - didn't he jump in last year? Loved how he came up and then punched the air - YEAH I meant to do that!!

oooops

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 03:38 PM
jimmy crack corn

yeah I think he did jump in it last year

I cracked up when I saw him slip and tumble in the water too.

David
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

I think he jumped in last year and underestimated how deep it was and sucked in a bunch of water. This year it looks like he was trying to be more cautious, but it back fired on him. Still funny though.
By far the most entertaining MotoGP race in a long time.
Rossi pass on Stoner was poor judgement on Rossi's part. There was still enough time in the race for him to wait and pass him at another opportunity.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Agreed, but I'm sure he wanted to prove a point - although that point could have been one of a couple of things:

"Look you whiny bitch - this Ducati is fast enough to win races"
or
"Hey whaddaya know - it DOES have problems with the front end..."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode