Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

MotoGP Assen - It's heating up!

The crew and teams have arrived at Assen for this weekends MotoGP event and there are a bunch of rumors and news and it's only day one of many.

Both Rossi and Nicky have been riding the new GP12 1000cc bike and getting in 80 plus test laps each, they both report great progress and are very happy with the bike.

Rossi let it be known that Stoner was faster on his 2012 1000 cc Honda then was Rossi, but the times were not announced nor the difference between them. Rossi said after his testing on the 100cc bike that he was very happy with the 1000cc bike and that it felt like "His Bike" now and he was pleased.

For this event at Assen, Rossi will be riding a different machine then Hayden, Rossi will be riding a GP12 Chassis with the 800cc motor fitted, This also included a new gearbox that is reported to be very very smooth.

Nicky was reported as saying that he now knows what's it's like to be Rossi's team mate as he will have to wait a little while before he can have the new setup of frame and gear box. lol Poor Nicky!

Danny is of course out for this weekend as well and being replaced by Hiroshi Aoyama on the Honda Machine.

There have been 5-6 new teams approved for next years MotoGP Season as well, which is great news for the ever shrinking GP linup.

more to come as things develop.........

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

The new bike Rossi will be riding is now called the GP11.1 lol

Rossi is reporting very fast gear box and a great feel with the bike in the 1000cc form....

As for this weekends racing using the new GP 11.1, here is what he says.

Quote:
"More than confident I’m very excited and very curious about the GP11.1." Valentino Rossi

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

A pic of the GP11.1 Rossi is riding this week.. AKA GP12 with 800 motor!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (85.1 KB, 4 views)

|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

Quote from Rossi today.

Quote:
“It’s always nice to be back at Assen, especially after missing the race last year. I still have to learn the new corner, which I hear is very fast, and I won’t have much time, so I’ll have to figure out the best way as I go. In theory, I should remember the circuit fairly well - I have enough experience here. We'll see how it goes, we also have a new bike and are very curious to see it in action, especially because we've never tested this engine in this chassis, which opens up some questions…”

“With the GP12 I felt good right away, since the first test. I’ve ridden it three times, once in Jerez and twice at Mugello. We don’t have many references, especially compared to the other teams, so our true level of competitiveness remains to be seen. I know that Honda has been quick from the start, especially in Jerez, but we've continued work on the bike and at Mugello we saw some encouraging changes. More than anything it’s a matter of feeling: with the GP12, I felt comfortable right from the start, and then with each small change it was better and better. We'll see what we can do when the time comes. I heard that Stoner went faster than us, but we’ll see how much truth there is to that information.”

“The engineers argue that the 1000 won’t be much faster than the 800, but I think the GP12 is fast– I think the difference is there.”

“We struggled at the start of the season and the results were not good enough. I pressured Filippo (Preziosi) for new changes, especially for the back of the bike, and with an eye on the Mugello race. From this he got an idea: we already have a new bike - why not try it with the 800cc engine? After the Mugello test, he asked what I thought about the proposition. I thought there might be risks, but I immediately agreed with him, especially since the GP12 feels more like my bike, while GP11 was a bike made by others. With this move I think we’ll be more competitive while at the same time moving forward for next year.”

“Personally, I don’t see it as a last resort; we’ve reduced development time and I've seen in testing I can be faster. Now the question is to see how it goes with the 800cc engine. We don’t know whether we can beat the Honda, but I'm sure we've taken some steps forward.”

|
|
|
|
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
No Crying Allowed

some more GP 11.1 pics

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (100.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (69.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg gp12.jpg (100.5 KB, 2 views)

|
|
|
|
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Ass Cramp

Send a message via Yahoo to R6Flyby
Lets hope that is what he needs this year. Seems like he is driving a tank with 2 wheels out there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode