Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Send a message via Skype™ to Yamahuh
B Boz riding at Laguna!!

This weekend, the LCR Honda team will ‘double up’ its efforts at the Red Bull US Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California. LCR’s Toni Elías will be joined by Michael Jordan Motorsports’ Ben Bostrom, who will compete in the MotoGP race as a wild card. Bostrom will also race, as usual, in the AMA Superbike class.

The decision to invite Bostrom, a former World Superbike rider, to compete in MotoGP on one of the Honda RC212Vs is a result of the excellent relationship between the LCR Team and the management of Michael Jordan Motorsports, which is owned by the legendary NBA superstar Michael Jordan. MotoGP is gaining popularity in the United States and the Laguna Seca race is one of two MotoGP stops in the United States this season.

As in 2010 when the LCR Team gave Roger Lee Hayden the opportunity to ride the team’s bike in the MotoGP race after Randy de Puniet broke his left leg in the race at the Sachsenring, Germany, Lucio and the team’s partners are taking the opportunity to experience another MotoGP race in the United States with an American rider.

Lucio Cecchinello:
“The U.S. GP takes place at one of the most spectacular racetracks in the world. The interest of the American fans of this sport grows more and more from year to year and the spectators are always very enthusiastic. Considering that some of our partners are operating in the American market, we thought that we should organise a special event before the summer break. Because of the great relationship between the LCR team and Michael Jordan Motorsports, we decided to invite one of Laguna Seca’s most successful riders to compete for us in the race: Ben Bostrom. Ben will ride with one of our RCVs as a ‘wild card’ rider for only one race, while also taking part in the AMA Superbike race for Michael Jordan Motorsports. I’d like to offer many thanks to the Michael Jordan Motorsports team for the great collaboration and the amazing support.”

Ben Bostrom:
"Words can't express how excited I am to get this amazing opportunity to race on my home track in front of the whole world. I have to thank Michael Jordan Motorsports and American Suzuki for allowing this to happen. The collaboration between Lucio, LCR and the MJM team has been terrific. I'm going to get on the GP bike and put it as close to the front as possible. Then I'm going to hop on my Jordan Suzuki bike and try to create even more magic."

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Guess he shouldn't have bothered - even the commentators were making fun of him - Dude, fishing tomorrow? where's my surfboard?

“It’s really hard to take an angry man seriously when he’s wearing a bathrobe.” - Carl Fogarty
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 11:09 AM
Gang Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamahuh View Post
Guess he shouldn't have bothered - even the commentators were making fun of him - Dude, fishing tomorrow? where's my surfboard?
It sucks he pulled in part way through, but give him some credit. He did put in a faster race lap then Elias did, on the exact same bike spec, in the exact same race.
Bostroms fastest lap was 0.1 seconds faster than Elias.

Keep in mind Bostrom had never sat on a MotoGP bike before Friday.
As for pulling in, he said that since he was going so much faster in the race then he had all weekend (over 1 second a lap quicker), the bike wasn't setup right, and his foot kept hitting the ground on some corners. That made him run off track twice, so he came in rather than binning LCR's bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by GreenEnvy; 07-26-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2011, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Abusin' the scooter

Oh I do give him credit - my previous comment sounds harsher than I'd intended it to be looking at it now - but it was still pretty funny to hear the Brit commentators doing their 'California boy' impressions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode