Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP: Nicky Hayden to WSC ?!?!?

Anyone heard anything else on this ?

Quote:
Silly season will, no doubt, begin in earnest during the course of the next two Grand Prix race meetings with officials from the factories, notable luminaries and sponsors normally keen to be at Barcelona and especially Assen.

Early markers appear to be an approach to Capirossi from Suzuki; Troy Bayliss returning to World Superbike this time with Honda and even Nick Hayden is mentioned in silly- season whisper dispatches.

Will Nick, after possibly having yet another mediocre season in MotoGP, be "placed" on a Honda Fireblade in the WSC for 2006 by HRC who are looking to run a fully backed (by Japan) works team?
Thoughts or comments ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:06 AM

That'd teach him a lesson or two.....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

I'd hate to see it happen , but then again , as you say , it may " get his attention " and put a lot more focus on consistancy and gaining points rather than washing the front end out because you wanted to ' see if you could hang ' with the two front runners... bah I hate when that happens.

The major downside of that would be WSC races are hard to catch on TV , and I like to watch him race because he's a local.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
"I bought some powdered water yesterday. I don't know what to add."
Jim Beam.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRum
Quote:
"I bought some powdered water yesterday. I don't know what to add."
Jim Beam.
i went with wodkah!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

looks like he's staying :

Quote:

Repsol Honda’s Nicky Hayden will remain in MotoGP and not return to Superbike racing, according to a senior Honda Racing Corporation official.

Carlo Fiorani, Honda Racing’s Corporation (HRC) Sporting Team Manager, said he’d seen the unsubstantiated rumors of Hayden's demotion on various Internet sites, and that they weren’t true.

“I read this silly information about Nicky (Hayden) coming back to Superbike. It is almost impossible,” he said in the Honda Racing hospitality unit at Catalunya. “First of all, he has an HRC contract for next year. He has a two year contract. In any case, he cannot come back to Superbike…because we trust in Nicky. So we are waiting in that he make a big jump. I don’t know exactly when, in one race or in two years, but we are sure he definitely will grow up. Secondly, HRC doesn’t race in Superbike.” Fiorani later added, "For me, it’s important because yesterday I spoke to Nicky. Nicky was saying, 'Carlo, What is this? I don’t know how it happens?”

Fiorani said that the Honda World Superbike team would be supported by HRC in 2006, but by Honda Europe. “I’m already working for 2006 to set up the team in Superbike as Honda Europe. In USA it remains American Honda. So there’s absolutely no meaning to it.”

Fiorani wouldn’t say what level of equipment, which team Hayden would ride for, or who his teammates might be.

“As usual for our contract, from Valentino (Rossi) to (Max) Biaggi, there is never any technical specifications. So he’s an HRC rider,” Fiorani said.

As for the team, “At the moment, frankly speaking, we are so focused on this year that we’ve never spoken about this. Performance are important, but at the moment, still nobody of us is thinking of what we will do in 2006. We are still focusing on this year."

Among the other rumors is that he’ll be joined by Telefonica MoviStar Honda's 250cc World Champion Dani Pedrosa and Winston Ten Kate Honda's Chris Vermeulen.

“As (HRC President Suguru) Kanazawa said, HRC is very interested in Dani Pedrosa. We want to keep him in Honda team. At the moment, still, we are not taking the decision. As usual, HRC is looking for new riders. Dani Pedrosa is one of these. (Andrea) Dovizioso will be another one I intend to move in MotoGP. Our intention is to keep Dani and to move him for sure to MotoGP, but at the moment still there is no contract, anything. So we are waiting.”

Chris Vermeulen should be moved to MotoGP as soon as possible, Fiorani believes.

“I think that we make a mistake in the past with the Superbike riders. I’m speaking of Colin (Edwards) or Troy (Bayliss). I think when they moved from Superbike to MotoGP, they were already too old. So for them it was difficult to adapt themselves to MotoGP. When you understand that you have a talent like Chris (Vermeulen) or Nicky (Hayden), it’s important to move them when they are still young. Chris is 21. in my opinion next year will be good if we find a solution to move Chris into MotoGP. This is my personal opinion.”

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaRum
looks like he's staying :

Quote:

“As (HRC President Suguru) Kanazawa said, HRC is very interested in Dani Pedrosa. We want to keep him in Honda team. At the moment, still, we are not taking the decision. As usual, HRC is looking for new riders. Dani Pedrosa is one of these. (Andrea) Dovizioso will be another one I intend to move in MotoGP. Our intention is to keep Dani and to move him for sure to MotoGP, but at the moment still there is no contract, anything. So we are waiting.”

Sounds like they're looking for someone to replace Biaggi...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode