Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

F1: Jordan: Why did BMW go with Sauber?

TUESDAY 5TH JULY 2005

Former F1 team boss Eddie Jordan has said that he can't understand why BMW has decided to base its future on the new relationship with Sauber.

Jordan, who, over the years, enjoyed varying degrees of works engine support from Yamaha, Peugeot, Honda and Ford, claims that the Sauber team - notwithstanding his personal respect for team boss Peter Sauber - does not have a winning background.

"I'm really at a loss [to understand] how BMW can abandon a team like Williams in preference for going with a team that has no knowledge of winning, never mind championships, but races," EJ said, ‘As much as I love Peter Sauber, probably the most genuinely correct and upstanding person in F1 in terms of credibility, the record book does not say he's a grand prix winner.

"Mentally that's something that he has got to achieve first, before he ever thinks about the championship. From that point of view, I have some reservations about the way it's been done.

"Peter Sauber does not, and has never, had the ability to pull the unexpected out of the bag and win a load of races. The biggest problem going forward is the immense strength that you need to have in terms of winning races and challenging for a championship. I'm out of it now, but I would have been in a much better position than Peter, because I've been through ‘98, I've been through ‘99."

David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan compare their goatie beards

Nick Heidfeld - Williams-BMW FW27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode