Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

F1: Michael: We must persevere and believe...

TUESDAY 5TH JULY 2005

Ferrari number one driver, Michael Schumacher has revealed that while the gap to Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen was bigger than they would have liked at the French Grand Prix, he is still hopeful the Scuderia can get back on top - beginning this weekend at Silverstone.

The German, who finished third at Magny-Cours, added that they need to remain focused and keep pushing.

"We are quick enough to be in with a shout of victory, and this is obvious," he noted.

"The gap to [Fernando] Alonso is wider than we would have liked and even Kimi [Raikkoen]'s form was striking. But still, we have to be pleased with third place as the race could have gone worse."

"The important thing is to persevere and believe in ourselves," he added.

"We have to stay as calm as we have been until now and concentrate on the work to be done. The second half of the season begins now and logic dictates that the gap is still bridgeable. I am a realist and as such am a lover of mathematics; there is still the probability of winning. Formula 1 is such a changeable sport that it would be foolish to give up on the title. We are not so foolish.

"As I have said, we have to focus on getting back to the top. We will be trying to do this at Silverstone this weekend."

Ferrari meanwhile resumed testing at Monza on Monday with veteran test driver, Luca Badoer on track. The Italian was working on Bridgestone tyre development aimed at the rest of the season. He completed 64 laps before it began to rain - his best time a 1min 23.585secs. Testing continues Tuesday.

Michael Schumacher's Ferrari crew practices pit-stops ahead of the French Grand Prix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 02:39 PM

Michael is being very nice in not blaming all Ferrari's problems on Bridgestone. Unless bridgestone comes up with something pretty quick this season is over for Ferrari. I think the car is capable of winning races but the tires take to long to come in.
I hate the new f'kn tire rule, I don't think it was necessary.
If Michelin pulls out next year like they are hinting of doing, F1 will be turned upside down.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5-R1
Michael is being very nice in not blaming all Ferrari's problems on Bridgestone. Unless bridgestone comes up with something pretty quick this season is over for Ferrari. I think the car is capable of winning races but the tires take to long to come in.
I hate the new f'kn tire rule, I don't think it was necessary.
If Michelin pulls out next year like they are hinting of doing, F1 will be turned upside down.
michelin isn;t hinting of pulling out, the new rules have a stipulation in them for a one make tire rule, same as WSBK.

Michelin wouldn't pull out, they have too much invested.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode