Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP: Rossi slow, worried about safety.

SATURDAY 9TH JULY 2005

Reigning world champion and runaway 2005 world championship leader Valentino Rossi was left in an uncharacteristic ninth place at the end of day one at the US GP, having failed to improve in the afternoon session.

The Italian superstar would later reveal that he had been struggling to adapt to the 'old style' layout of the Laguna Seca circuit - presumably meaning how to attack the narrow, bumpy asphalt with its many ups and downs, but reduced run-off - and wasn't riding at the limit.

"This is an 'old style' track and to be honest I think maybe our bike is a little too fast for it, so today I haven't been able to push to the limit," said Rossi, who lapped 0.74secs slower than pace setter Nicky Hayden. "It is hard to find the right set-up in these circumstances and at the moment we still have a lot work to do. We need more time on the track and more kilometres with the bike to find out where we can push harder, make up some time and be stronger."

Rossi's comments seemed to suggest that safety concerns were preventing him from riding at his M1's full potential - and the #46 would admit that he, like many others, is worried about safety at certain areas of the spectacular race track.

"I am a little concerned about the safety of the track and today we will have a meeting with the other riders to discuss it," said Valentino. "Anyway, I have enjoyed riding at Laguna Seca, especially the Corkscrew, because in the past I have only seen it on the television. The big crowds here show that MotoGP should be in America, but we also need to make sure it is safe."

Rossi's Factory Yamaha team-mate Colin Edwards was sixth fastest. The top six riders today - Hayden, Bayliss, Biaggi, Barros, Hopkins and Edwards - had all ridden at Laguna Seca before.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:49 PM
FAsT BOYS

aint that some shit 3 quarters of a second between 1st and 9 th
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 11:33 PM
No Crying Allowed

It's going to be a GREAT RACE................... DAMN.. I can't wait to see rossi coming from behind to take it.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 12:25 AM

Rossi is a smart man. Hopefully he can get it together with his confidence/experience and make the locals squirm alot! I think he'll pull it off!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
is hayden just use to the shitty american tracks or what's the deal? i dont' get it.

i thought the track was great and he's saying it's not?

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 01:20 AM
No Crying Allowed

It's in great shape, but not compared to the GP tracks in europe and the like... LAguna was not designed as a bike track and was semi-turned into one....

In Short- There used to being spoiled with brand new pavement and facilities.....

Rossi is just learning the track and not pushing it too much... Let's wait untill Saturday when they qualify and see what he has.... He may not even get comfy on the track until about 10 laps into the race and then pour it on...... ?? Either way - it will be good.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

|
|
|
|
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 01:22 AM
No Crying Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena808
Rossi is a smart man. Hopefully he can get it together with his confidence/experience and make the locals squirm alot! I think he'll pull it off!
Yes he is........... Very smart...

BTW I talked to him and he said he would sign a few pics for you but he wanted a few good pics of you if you know what I mean(thong).... lol

|
|
|
|
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Mummy Man

guess rossi aint dumb, it's all on lena now

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 01:54 PM

Hmmm I dont care much for autographs but to have a mug shot taken with him in a thong,,,DAMN PRICELESS! Bring that boy to me! :coreyleg:
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 04:38 PM

Come on guys!! Nicky in first!! thats awesome! I am a huge rossi fan just like you guys but I would love to see Nicky win one.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
meat popsicle

Rossi is a n00b at Laguna, its gonna be tough
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoTan
Rossi is a n00b at Laguna, its gonna be tough
Thats exactly why I have faith that he'll make a few squirm tomorrow. I would assume it is a challenge for Rossi so it would push him to win. He did good today 8)
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 08:04 PM
Mummy Man

yah he did, but the americans do have a huge advantage.

going to be a GREAT race tomorrow! i can't wait...

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 01:12 AM

Yea , Rossi did good today , but guess what HAYDEN DID BETTER !!!

I'm stoked! GOOOO NICKY GOOO !!!!
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 01:57 AM
BabyEater

Send a message via MSN to Lord_Phat
Quote:
Thats exactly why I have faith that he'll make a few squirm tomorrow. I would assume it is a challenge for Rossi so it would push him to win. He did good today 8)
:imwst

rossi will be extremely keen to win if there is doubt surrounding his performance

prejudices are what fools use for reason
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 05:52 AM

Is there any way to watch this race live on the PC? I dont have speed channel
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Phat
Quote:

rossi will be extremely keen to win if there is doubt surrounding his performance
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaed
Yes, but you must subscribe to MotoGP.com... if you really want to just watch the US GP live, you can just buy the US GP alone for $4 Euro...

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/pay.htm?menu=pay

...or you can watch the live timing on MotoGP.com for free...

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 10:51 AM

Thanks Val.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaed
Yes, but you must subscribe to MotoGP.com... if you really want to just watch the US GP live, you can just buy the US GP alone for $4 Euro...

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/pay.htm?menu=pay

...or you can watch the live timing on MotoGP.com for free...

It was worth every cent for me anyways to get the full membership on motogp.com. My favorite internet site!

I LOVE MY ROSSI I LOVE MY ROSSI I LOVE MY ROSSI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode