Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

MotoGP: Edwards 'really happy' - lot more to come.

SATURDAY 9TH JULY 2005

Home hero Colin Edwards may have been beaten by countrymen Nicky Hayden and John Hopkins on day one of the US GP, but the Texan was consistently amongst the fastest riders and is confident mood heading into Saturday's final free practice and qualifying sessions.

"It's great to be back here at Laguna Seca and the support I've had even today has been awesome. With this being my home grand prix and having Valentino as my team-mate, the backing for the whole team has been incredible," began Colin, who finished Friday in sixth position, 0.47secs from pace setter Hayden.

"As far as the bike is concerned, we've already got the rear end working probably better than anything I've ever ridden around this circuit and generally it feels great," stated the Factory Yamaha star. "The only thing I'm having a little trouble with is keeping the front on the ground and turning into the corners, so we have a few areas that we need to strengthen.

"I'm really happy with my pace and my lap time because I know there is a lot more to come from us tomorrow."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Ta Moko

Since Rossi has voiced his concerns on the safety of the US track I for one am getting worried someone will get hurt, or die. To bad with all the money put into Laguna Seca its still not up to MotoGP standtards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Mummy Man

Send a message via MSN to gsxcorey
agreed r1gladiator. i thought rossi was playing games and will go out and rip it later. then i read this

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=23381

and realized everyone says it's very unsafe and not up to par...i'm hoping nothing happens such as someone getting hurt, a few people not pushing or just going itno the pits and stopping after a few laps, etc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2005, 12:40 PM

I say Rossi is gonna Own all by the end of the day !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode