Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Moto GP 3 at Laguna

Well I figured this had to do with bikes...and that you'd all be interested so...

I figured I'd do a little write up on my impressions of Moto GP 3 (For xbox).

THQ had set up a tent pretty close to the Yamaha tent and to my joy I had found it as early as Friday.

Started playing the game (2004 bikes and 2004 tracks). Noticed it to be *slightly* but not too much different from GP2.

Went through a few of the tracks playing as Edwards, Rossi, and Aoki, noticing that Qatar was almost impossible to learn on because the track had so much glare on it you couldn't discern what was runoff and what was the track, except for a little strip of grass on each side of the pavement...Little weird but figured it might just be an early version of the game..

Then I played the "extreme" mode or whatever they call their street racing portion of the game...wasn't too impressed especially since the bikes look way too arcade based and just..blah.

I went over to talk to the THQ representative and asked him if updates were going to be available online. He said limited updates yes...but they were planning a whole new game for xbox 360 and said it would NOT be called Moto GP 4. He said THQ and Climax were sick of the confusion of their game with the PS2 game...I told him a lot of the guys new to the series were confused as well..

I asked him if they were ever going to bring in the 125 and 250 series...and he kind of gave a cop out.. "Well we have the 'extreme' (or whatever it's called) aspect of the game where you can.."

"race on the street yes I know...but I was thinking about also getting the Namco GP game solely because they offer 125 and 250 racing...I love your engine and set up so much more so I wanted to let you know there are quite a few people who would like you to incorporate that aspect of the series"

I really don't care about that "street racing" thing...makes the game less sim and more arcade.

Anyways...by the time I got home I tried out the demo of the game they gave me...You play as Rossi at Mugello in a 3 lap race with all the sims turned down. I noticed some of the filters and the camera angles and the gameplay was quite different to the game I played at Laguna...

Barely touching the rear brake in a straight line causes it to lay down rubber, which is in strong opposition to GP2 and the game I played at Laguna. Also in a developer interview on Gamespot (a video), the guy said that they have a new way of making the game seem "a lot faster" than the previous game; that you have a "greater sense of speed". On the demo disk I have at my house this is evidenced by a vibration in the screen when you reach a speed upwards of around 200 kph. This is in stark contrast to GP2 where the game becomes blurry.

I did not notice this feature at the game at Laguna. Now the demo that I have can't be too old as they have video interviews of a developer of Ghost Recon 3 who talks about the xbox 360...and details of that weren't released TOO long ago... So I'm wondering if the game I played at Laguna was simply GP2 with '04 models and tracks, or if it's the full GP3 game and the demo I have was changed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:47 PM

I'm finally going to speak on this forum. I'm not here to draw attention away from motomummy's site, but I am (or was) an AVID player of motogp2 on the XBOX. and I would surely know the difference between an updated version of MOTOGP2 and MOTOGP3. I think the link if you want to know a whole lot about MOTOGP2 is xboxliveaddicts.com. Its a great site that has a ton of XBOX and MOTOGP news and info. It also has some of the best racers(on XBOX Live) That compete in scheduled races against each other and who are eagerly waiting the release of MOTOGP3. As far as the demo goes I've raced it and I'm semi-impressed, sure there are a few things I would change but to me it seems that it would be great on a competetive standpoint for XBOX live. I surely hope the version that you played had a bit of difficulty in it that makes it harder than the demo, but that only goes as far as the people that host races on XBOX live are willing to set. Other than that I can't wait for 3's release.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:57 PM

Hence my desire to continue using the old crappy version of the PC game....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cya__152.jpg (139.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg yeehaw_567.jpg (189.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg untitled-4_177.jpg (43.8 KB, 92 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:58 PM

Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled-3_453.jpg (160.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg untitled-2_202.jpg (149.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg untitled-10_158.jpg (56.7 KB, 91 views)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 08:20 PM

Damn you budha its a good thing U don't do that on Xbox Live cause I'ld be able to teach you how to do that in first place LOL :laugh
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 08:44 AM

Those are from an online game from the old R1-forum days......

you'll notice, I'm the only one in the pictures......

And it's not because i'm in last.....

That's what happens when you turn the sim levels on and arcade newbs crash every corner.......

The PC version still kicks the XBox versions ass IMO

Plus it's free to play online.....

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Budha
Those are from an online game from the old R1-forum days......

you'll notice, I'm the only one in the pictures......

And it's not because i'm in last.....

That's what happens when you turn the sim levels on and arcade newbs crash every corner.......

The PC version still kicks the XBox versions ass IMO

Plus it's free to play online.....

I know what thats from you ass LOL. I used to go in some of those rooms. The thing for me is that you could never get the touch sensitivity just perfect on the PC. If you could I bet the entire Xbox live group wouldv'e hit the pc group with a vengence. Some of the times on XBL are incredible. Some are cheats, but most are just fast as hell. I got to where I was running 1.23.xx at Mugello and I could run a high 1.22 about 1 outa ten laps. I might have to go play now that you've mentioned it
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:01 AM

prefer this game its bluddy hard to learn but fun when u get it right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hopper-france_913.jpg (54.5 KB, 53 views)
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugwash
i may be wrong, but i believe that the two games use the same basic "engine" to run......
just different "skins" over the top of them to offer different trqacks and bikes.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Black/purple flames with pink letters...

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valerossi
Quote:
Black/purple flames with pink letters...

i am secure enpugh in my manhood, to run anything...

besides it was fun whipping all the forum guys on that slow ass bike and listening to them bitch...

nubian, IP, and the rest would get pissed when my little ugly proton went screamiong past them...

:
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Ask the Chief

can we do that now?

that would be a great time! :1poke

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk2003
can we do that now?

that would be a great time! :1poke
if everybody ahd a copy of MGP2 for pc then yes....
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugwash
i may be wrong, but i believe that the two games use the same basic "engine" to run......
just different "skins" over the top of them to offer different trqacks and bikes.
yup the original gp500 which i mess around with is so old , the orginal bikes are from the museum .

still fun and very tricky there's a big support forum for the GP500 so every year you get the latest season bikes uploades sumwere or anutha

only real pain is it uses Glide Dll's to run the graphics still look around you can find them aswell

the THQ Version is ok i like the fact u can make up yer own colour schemes and the rain effects are good kinda think the handling is a little 2 arcadey though

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode