Racing MotoGP, WSBK, BSB, AMA, F1, WRC, DTM, NASCAR, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

MotoGP: Hayden: Now I want to win again soon.

THURSDAY 21ST JULY 2005

Having broken his two and half year MotoGP win drought with an emotional first victory last time out at Laguna Seca, Repsol Honda's Nicky Hayden arrives at Donington Park - venue for this weekend's British Grand Prix - on a wave of confidence.

"As I said at the end of the Laguna weekend, the whole three days went to plan and it was like a dream come true. Race day was just amazing but we have to all move on," said Hayden.

"I said that we Hayden's work well on momentum. It took me and while to win races back home in AMA but when I did they seemed to come - same thing with my brother Tommy. I now know I can do it at this level and I won't be happy till we can do it again," he added.

But, with Laguna Seca his home event, some believe Hayden's US GP domination was simply a 'flash in the pan' and that he'll struggle to replicate that form on other tracks - a theory Nicky is eager to prove wrong... although perhaps not this weekend.

"I was very aware that we had important home advantage and I had good circuit knowledge - but then so did some other guys!" he insisted. "I go to Donington realistic that a repeat performance of Laguna will be a very long shot but I go there with a new spring in my step knowing that we - that is me, my team, Honda, Michelin and all my sponsors - have the capability to shock and that is what I want to do again - soon."

Practice for the British Grand Prix takes place on Friday.

Hayden, US MotoGP 2005
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 05:42 PM

He doesn't sound too confident about a second win considering he said it wouldn't happen this weekend.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Ta Moko

Rossi did not need to win that day :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
FAsT BOYS

i hope he does win
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 PM

it's a good thing Rossi didn't need to win that day too , considering he couldn't have :corn And when I read that where he says Laguna wouldn't be repeated - he didn't mean the win , he meant the total ass stomping he put on everyone from every practice to qualifying to pole to flag domination.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode