Technique Questions, Comments, Advice...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Somebody

can you give me a few tips after you see this?

i video taped this on Bahrain F1 circuit:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Ask the Chief

brake a little later, carry more speed into the corner and keep a tighter line. looks like you're in the middle of the track, and really off the gas.

of course, that all comes with how comfortable you are....if you're having a great time, then just keep on doing it. :

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 07:52 AM
I dont inhale

damn, im jealous that track is sweet

you could deff be higher in the rpm's coming through the corners so you get a better drive out,

and its hard to tell but it seems like your kind of abrupt getting off of the brakes and back on the gas . everything on the track is done smoothlly ease off the brake and roll on the gas , this becomes more and more important as you learn to trail brake and as you carry more lean angle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Somebody

i am going back to the track in 3 weeks, and i am getting me some super corsa pro's.
there will be improvements next time.
the biggest problem i have ( i think ) is sticking to a good line.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 01:38 PM
The real Blue ranger

Send a message via Yahoo to R4Ltony
Go faster..

Quote:
If people don't regulate themselves, others will do it for them.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:00 AM
Random Sample

Until you find your line, try to stay middle to inner track. brake when you have to, not when you think you should... it seemed like you were off the gas and coasting while riding your brakes way too long while trying to set up your corner. Carry it a little deeper, then downshift and let the engine braking scrub off some speed... it'll keep your RPMs up, too. next time try to work on maintenance throttle rather than abrupt on/off throttle.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Master of Sergeants

Send a message via AIM to No1stunner Send a message via Yahoo to No1stunner Send a message via Skype™ to No1stunner
that is a cool track! i dont see any braking cones though.. those always help me !

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 AM
I dont inhale

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1stunner View Post
that is a cool track! i dont see any braking cones though.. those always help me !
it had braking distance markers on the outside of each corner 100, 200, 300

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Somebody

when you are going 250 km/h i get nerves when i see the 150m marker.
i got me a lap timer hope it will help, last time my timing was 2:48.04 the fastest guy out there was going 2:10.003 he is the champion of Qatar and he came third in the last world endurens race that was held in Qatar, the second fastest guy was 2:19.002
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
brake a little later, carry more speed into the corner and keep a tighter line. looks like you're in the middle of the track, and really off the gas.

of course, that all comes with how comfortable you are....if you're having a great time, then just keep on doing it. :
+1

And just take it easy.
The more you ride the more confortable you'll get
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:10 PM
phil-osepher

Opinions are like assholes man, everyone has a different one. I'll just give you the straight up truth, the more you get on the track the better you'll be. Seat time is everything. Have fun, that's the most important thing.

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:03 PM

i agree with earlier comments ...

be more aggressive when steering. you are steering in late and that's a good thing. but it seems you steer in too lazy. bank it in harder. that also make it easier to open the throttle sooner.
keep your revs a higher. maybe change gearing (maybe nog nessecary when you keep more momentum)
and off course, brake later, more aggressively and trail it into the corners. try some laps with no (or almost no) braking. try to minimize the comfort braking (like said before by Statik) so you roll faster into corners. braking is a mind thing

send ticket & money and i'll show you live
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Ask the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedragger77 View Post
Opinions are like assholes man, everyone has a different one.
I dunno...I thought assholes were pretty much the same.

(and everyone has one...)

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 09:53 AM
phil-osepher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk View Post
I dunno...I thought assholes were pretty much the same.

(and everyone has one...)
All differ in diameter, and pigmentation.......at least this is what Val has told me :laugh

post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Rollin in my 5.0

Send a message via Yahoo to beavisr1
try to hold the line. its well marked. Also ride hard and brake late and try not to continuie braking after the apex of the corner. when brakeing for the corner already have your body position ready for the corner.(you dont want to be moving around on the bike in a corner)

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:58 PM

At 1:52, did it look like the RPMs dropped to 0 and made a clanky noise? What the heck was that?
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Somebody

thanks for the info guys you have been a lot of help to me, i will go back to the circuit in 2 weeks hope the weather isn't too cold.
the RPM dropped becose i lost consentrashon, i braked early so i tried to let the bike ride some more on it's speed ( it was a mistake ).
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 11:03 AM

keep going back... find your comfort zone & have a great time. Thanks for sharing... very nice track!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 03:38 AM Thread Starter
Somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerraul View Post
keep going back
what do you mean by going back?
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Ask the Chief

i think he means just keep going to the track.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sport Bike Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode